You Will Survive Midterms

You Will Survive Midterms

Just remember that next week is spring break!

6
You Will Survive Midterms
i0.wp.com

It's officially that time of the semester again in which everyone is constantly stressing out and cramming for tests. It's that time of the semester again in which you can no longer find a spot in the library because there are so many people studying. It's that time of the semester in which you are just trying to survive each day leading up to spring break as you try not to fall behind in your classes. It's that time of the semester again known as midterms.

Midterms. They might not be as bad as finals, but they still cause a great deal of stress and anxiety for many college students. On top of a ton of tests, some that are considered cumulative midterms and some that are just considered to be chapter tests, you probably also have a lot of projects, papers and quizzes to also get done.

All of this probably seems overwhelming, and you might feel as if you are drowning in all of your work: but believe me when I say that you will make it through these weeks. If this is not your first semester of college then remember that you have survived midterms before. Remind yourself of all of the stressful weeks that you have survived at college and think of this stressful week as simply one of those.

Do not think negative thoughts. Do not tell yourself that you will fail a test... or else you will. I know it is easy to think negative thoughts about certain classes, but I can tell you from personal experience that these negative thoughts will do nothing but stress you out and bring you down.

Instead try to think positive thoughts. Think about how close spring break is. There are only one to two weeks standing between you and the beach, getting to see your family or just getting to sleep more than you do at school. Also, since your tests fall right before spring break, you probably will not have any studying to do over the break.

If you need help with trying to stay positive, then write yourself notes and post them around your room as constant reminders that you can get through these busy weeks. Try not to study all the time. Instead, give yourself study breaks by: hanging out with friends, watching Netflix or doing anything else that helps you to relax so you will not become overwhelmed with everything going on.

No matter have difficult your midterms look, just remember that you can get through these crazy weeks if you believe that you can. Try not to become overwhelmed by taking short breaks and remember to treat yourself after you are finished. Spring break is almost here. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.