Why You Shouldn't Take High School For Granted

Enjoy it while you can.

239
The Huffington Post

While I was still in high school, I always found it to be such a drag. The days just never seemed to end, and having soccer practice afterwards just made them seem even longer. During my senior year, I fell asleep in almost every class as a result of having to wake up at six in the morning. I didn't have to put much effort into anything I did because there wasn't much to do. I was longing for something more, and I thought that something was college. After visiting my high school after being in college for a few weeks, I realized how much I missed that place. Here, I bestow to you the reasons why you should never take high school for granted.

1. Life is much simpler

You might not realize this until you graduate from high school and go to college or start working all week, but high school is really the simplest stage of life. Yes, there was still work to be done, but not nearly as much work as there will be after it's over.

2. You have your friends close by

Fights happen between you and your close friends. You will get over them. None of those petty arguments will matter after high school is over, and you will deeply miss hanging out in class with your friends or having those crazy conversations at lunch.

3. The workload is lighter

If you think you are suffering from a boatload of work now, wait until college comes around or you have to work 40 hours a week. I'm sure everyone has heard these warnings several times, but just push through homework, because you're going to need a lot of strength to get through what comes after high school (and you'll get even more work in college, trust me).

Though this list is short, these three points are the key factors into what makes high school so great. You may feel like you want to get out of that wretched building as soon as possible, and the days may seem to take forever, but a little piece of you will always miss the easy days of high school once all is said and done.