Why You Shouldn't Drink In College

Why You Shouldn't Drink In College

You always understand the morning after.

100
Why You Shouldn't Drink In College

You wake up to the blinding light stabling through the cracks of your curtains and immediately get the spins. You’re still in the mini skirt and crop top from the night before and smeared across your face and pillow is the remnants of last night’s makeup. So, you roll around and wrap the pillow around your head. A noise half way between a cry and a groan escapes your mouth.

After a few hours of lying in bed, falling in and out of a head-achy sleep, you finally sit up and see that its only 9:28 am. It’s Saturday, you’re supposed to sleep in, so you roll onto your face and try, relentlessly, to sleep. Your mouth is parched, your head is throbbing and you feel as if the first step out of bed would quickly transform in to a run to the toilet where you would scrape your knees on the tile floor.

Why oh why oh why, you think as you go over the events of the night before. The dance moves you actually did in public, the volume of your annoying shrill and the annoying things it said, and worst of all, the drinks you gulped down, one after another. You had thought it was fun after the time. You had been having fun.

But here, now, in your bed that’s too hot for comfort, you regret it all.

You feel relief that you actually remember everything. But, the fact that you have to be thankful for that is abysmal. As you lay there, wishing for sleep, the clock finally hits 11:00 and you give up. Swinging one leg off the bed at a time, you have to slow down and regain balance. You’re pretty sure you spilt a drink in your hair because it’s all crunchy on one side so you grab your towel, soap, toothbrush and facewash and head for the bathroom.

The florescent lights of the hallway and bathroom are like flashlights in your eyes, so you squint while scrubbing your face and brushing your teeth. Then, you twist on the shower and let the hot water pour over you. For a moment, you feel clarity. Your hair comes out clean but as you twist off the shower, but yet you still fell dirty.

You sit through breakfast staring at a plate of eggs and potatoes and you’re only able to swallow three pieces of potato which were downed with two glasses of water. And that’s when you remember you have work to do so you grab your backpack and head to the library. You’re donned with glasses to protect you from the sun.

Then you sit there, staring at a paper for hours. Constantly getting distracted by your phone. You realize nothing is going to get done after three hours and one page of reading later, and wonder to yourself: what that hell was I thinking. Maybe you’ll stay in tonight. You probably won’t. But now you understand why you shouldn’t drink in college.