You Shouldn't Be Afraid To Own A Danger Noodle (AKA A Snake)
Lifestyles

"HISSSS"

358
Youtube

As someone who has recently become fascinated with owning my own danger noodle (snake) AND someone who has been attacked by a snake in the wild, I can understand why people are afraid of snakes in general.

Snakes are predatory animals, and bothering them in the wild can get you bitten. But snakes in domesticated settings can make GREAT pets that are incredibly docile and even loving! Snakes do not lunge to be spooky, evil devil-noodles: most of the time you have spooked them, or they think something like your hand in their enclosure could be food.

Believe me, I have been converted into a lover of these spook-noodles, and you can be, too!

First of all, many danger noodles love to be petted.

Check out this little ball python having a cuddle. Ball pythons are incredibly docile snakes, and make for great companions as they often enjoy (or at least tolerate) handling.

They have sweet puppy faces, like THIS sweet blinky baby.

He wants to give ya a lil' sniff. Doesn't his face remind you of your dog welcoming you home?

They know how to keep up on the latest fashion trends. Check out this dapper lil' western hognose!

They struggle with identity and existential crisis just like humans do.

They can pancake.

And yes, it is true that snakes can bite their owners, but more often they will "bluff strike," where they will lunge as if trying to bite but are just telling you to back off.

But take heart! If you are bitten by a danger noodle, most snakes that can live in your home are NOT poisonous and just require cleaning with soap and water and putting on a band aid.

Most of the time your snake would rather be given you a snug than a bite.

So to close, snakes are not creatures that just want to bite and be mean to you. They are introverted, shy little fellas who just want a good snug every now and then (which is probably while I love them so much).