Why You Should Stop Humiliating the Girls Who Always Wear Makeup

We're over it.

46
www.ufunk.net

“You’re so pretty – you don’t need all that makeup!”

“Why do you spend so much time trying to impress guys with your makeup?”

“Don’t you get tired of wasting so much time in the mornings?”

These are just some of the things girls who always wear makeup hear. And I for one am over it. There’s this stigma around girls who always wear makeup. We’re either “insecure” or “trying to impress someone.” And I’m here to clear that up, because that isn’t the case. But even if it was, why does it matter to you so much? It’s frustrating to say the least

I love wearing makeup. I don’t mind waking up twenty minutes earlier every morning to put on makeup. Why?

Because I like it.

I wear makeup for me. Not for any guy. Not to compete with other girls. I’m not insecure and I’m not trying to impress anyone. I think it’s relaxing to sit down every morning and have time to myself to put on my makeup. I’d like to think I’m pretty good at it. It’s something that sooths me and brings me pleasure. Let me repeat myself: I wear makeup because I like it.

I think makeup is fun. It’s an easy way to express yourself and, if you have imperfections you’re insecure about, it’s a quick way to cover them. I do not wear makeup as an attempt to hide insecurities, but some people do.

That’s okay.

There’s nothing wrong with being self-conscious. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to look your best. If wearing makeup makes you more confident and happy, that’s great – keep wearing it regardless of what people say. You’re beautiful.

What I hate, what I absolutely can’t stand, is when people say “I’m sure you’re really pretty under all that makeup.”

Yes, yes I am. I bet you’re pretty underneath your condescending and rude attitude, too.

So what if you look good beneath our makeup? So what if people think you look better without it on? Screw that. Wear it because you like it. Wear it because it makes you more confident. Wear it because it makes you happy and don’t, for a single second, question yourself because of others opinions. Constructive criticism is great – shaming is not.

If you do wear makeup because you’re trying to impress someone, that’s okay too. There are no rules when it comes to makeup. There are no makeup gods around to tell you when you can and can’t wear makeup, why you should or shouldn’t, or who you should or shouldn’t wear makeup for. It’s all bullcrap. No one has the right to tell you any of those things. Quite frankly it’s no one’s business but your own.

When you shame the girls who always wear makeup, you’re criticizing her passion and her self-esteem. I’m not sure why it matters to people so much why people always wear makeup. I don’t think there’s a clear answer as to why we love makeup. I guess it all varies person to person, but regardless of the reasoning, there’s absolutely no sense in putting down what makes someone happy. That’s the same as telling someone who loves to dance they’re wasting their time, or telling someone who likes to cook that they should just give it up. They may not be the best at it, but it makes them happy. And that’s what matters.

I’m not even sure if I got my point across in this article. I feel strongly about the topic and sometimes my thoughts just jumble together. But regardless, I think my point is clear:

Make-up shaming needs to stop. Whether or not you agree with it, let those of us who love it live. It isn’t hurting you, but it’s surely hurting us when you condemn us for our passion.