I Love Clothes And You Should Too

I Love Clothes And You Should Too

Your clothes tell people who you are, so always be mindful in portraying the right message.

50
I Love Clothes And You Should Too
Unsplash

I absolutely love clothes. Anyone who knows me knows I have been into fashion ever since I started picking out my own outfits as a child. I have always used clothes to express how I feel on a certain day. I find it fun to mix styles and switch up my outfits instead of sticking to just one. However, you don't need to love fashion to still care about the clothes you wear. I also believe clothes are important because it says how you're feeling and can even display your personality without saying anything at all. If your clothes are saying to other people how you are feeling, what colors you like, the kind of style you have and so on, shouldn't you like what you are wearing?

It is truly amazing how much you can communicate with your clothes. Sweatpants and a T-shirt tells people you are not feeling well, had too much fun the night before, or just don't care that much about your appearance. On the other hand, if you wear a pantsuit or a nice dress, you all of sudden look professional and like you know what you're doing. This is why I love clothes; you can convey so many different messages to people without even speaking.

Some people think you need to spend a lot of money on your clothes to look nice or to achieve a fashionable outfit. I am here to tell you that's not true. You can still find nice, interesting pieces without them being a designer brand. Other people are also intimidated by fashion or wearing something a little different, I also don't agree with this. Every time someone comments on what I'm wearing, it is an outfit that is a little out of my comfort zone or something with a really unique design. No one has ever told me how much they loved the sweatshirt that I have had for years. When you dress differently or intentionally to achieve a certain look, people pay attention. So, do not be scared of being fashionable. Fashion is whatever you say it is and, if you think about it, who is going to argue with you?

I hope I have shown you why the clothes you wear are so important. You never get to make a first impression twice so you should always be sure your clothes express who you are, or how you want people to think of you. Putting your best in front of others will only help you feel more confident and in charge of whatever life throws at you. Even if nothing went according to plan on a certain day, at least you liked your outfit.

One last thing, again, please do not be scared of dressing differently. It is easy to go along with trends and wear what everyone else is wearing but I encourage you to branch out and make your wardrobe more diverse. Experimenting with fashion is one of my favorite things to do and it is okay if some outfits don't work out. At least you tried to be different and go out of your comfort zone, and that is always something to be proud of.