Why You Should Live Every Day Like It's Your Last

We need to stop expecting that there is a tomorrow and live in the now.
523

You only have one life and you should be spending it doing something spontaneous, exciting and generous. The average person lives to be around 78. That's roughly 30,000 days we expect to have. It seems like we have so much time, but in reality, we do not.

We need to stop expecting things.

Sometimes there is no tomorrow.

The key to life is to live to the fullest, living every day like it's your last. As cliche as it sounds, it's the best and most useful advice I have learned thus far. Every day should be exciting; you should look forward to the rest of today and everything in between. Stop living life expecting something out of it. Most of all, don't be lazy.

The biggest mistake is regret. Do what you want when you want. Never push something off because you expect there will be more time tomorrow, next month or even 5 years from now. Do it now.

Us millennials have the push to figure life out so early. We have our grandparents telling us about college, careers and future family plans. The thing is, us millennials might be the best thing to happen to these other generations. We are diverse. We are motivated but in different ways than them. We have career goals but having a steady job isn't the key factor in most of our lives. Most millennials crave adventure to discover more about life and the world around us.

Next time you look in the mirror, don't focus on what you see, focus on who you see. Live today the way you want to. Don't stress too much about your next test, focus on being a genuine person. Don't think about the negative thoughts, focus on the positives. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.

Most importantly, live today like it's your last.