Why You Should Consider Spring Recruitment
Lifestyles

the benefits of sorority life

197

It's that time of year again!! Time for sororities to get back in the recruitment swing and gain some awesome new members! I serve as recruitment coordinator for my sorority here at The University of Georgia, and love everything recruitment has to offer.

Some of my closest friends in my sorority rushed in the spring as opposed to the beginning of the fall semester. Talking with them and having helped plan spring recruitment, we all came to the common conclusion that spring recruitment is the best!!!

I know that a lot of girls hold themselves back from joining a sorority because of the overwhelming journey it takes to receive a bid. However, spring recruitment is different because often times it is a whole lot more low key and less intense than the typical fall recruitment. It is done on a much smaller scale and really allows you to talk with a handful of sisters in order to get a better idea of what the sorority offers. There can be games, food, and activities involved - who doesn't love the sound of that??!

Maybe last semester was a tough one or you just weren't sure sorority life was for you- whatever the case may be, now is your opportunity to be a part of one of the best things college has to offer!

I'll admit I definitely did not see myself as the "typical sorority girl," but here I am convincing you to take a chance. I can truthfully say that the time I have spent in my sorority has given me some of my favorite memories and has proven to be the biggest blessing. Being a sister has allowed me to travel, find personal growth, develop the strongest of friendships, and ultimately has given me the best support system. Going through my college experience knowing that I have a group of girls that have my back and are there to support me 24/7 has been such a gift. Plus it is always fun to have a class or study buddy! Not only do you gain best friends, but you truly do gain a family as well.

I know it can be a daunting task to put yourself out into an unfamiliar setting with new people, but I promise, if you embrace the experience and stay open you may just find yourself hanging out with your new best friends. Going through recruitment forces you of your comfort zone and pushes you in the best ways possible. Start the year off experiencing something new and exciting! It is so much fun to get to talk to new people and hear all new stories. I can truly tell you that I have laughed louder and smiled more because of taking a chance and going through recruitment. Seeing my sisters brightens my day and adds more joy to my life. And besides, what girl doesn't love an excuse to get all dolled up and put on her cutest outfit?!

Recruitment is a 11/10 experience – would 100% recommend!