Why You Should Get A MoviePass?

Why You Should Get A MoviePass?

Any Movie, Any Theater, Any Day, Are you sold yet?

486
Why You Should Get A MoviePass?
Consumer Impulse

MoviePass is the greatest ten dollars you will ever spend and actually right now you can get it for a special of $9.95 a month. You can literally see any movie every day of the week. You can even see the movie opening night!

Reasons why you should get one:

1. It's actually a fantastic deal!!

Ticket prices are around 11 dollars at our local theater, so basically I could go to the movies once a month and I have already paid for my subscription. Apparently it used to be $50 per month, and didn't not get much interest. This steal of a deal that has been offered since December is something jump on while it last. It is available in over 91% of theaters in the U.S. including AMC, Cinemark, and Regal Cinemas.

2. If you're a college student/high school aged and hate spending money.

MoviePass is great for a group of friends who struggle to find fun things to do on the weekends and already spend too much money at Waffle House to begin with. For example, an organization I'm involved with on campus a group of us now have a MoviePass and go when we have free time. Like just made an A on a test movie time, or failed a test movie time, need a break from work movie time, need to procrastinate a paper a little more movie time. Now I am not condoning putting movies before school, but if you ever need a break this is a great outlet.

3. Basically the cost of going out to eat ONCE.

I hate when people say they don't have the money for it, but then always go out to eat for all their meals. I want to say if you cooked a few meals a week at home you would be basically paying for your MoivePass. Literally people can spend ten dollars without even questioning it. In theory, if money ever gets tight you can always cancel it.

4. You can also earn rewards for going to the movies.

Most theaters have a loyalty rewards program, so then you are building up points to earn free concessions. One of my co-workers was telling me she had 6,000 points built up just from having a MoviePass for almost two months now. 1,000 points earns a free popcorn at our local theater. So not only are you paying for movies dirt cheap, but you can eventually build up free food. Cheap and free is like magic words to a college students ears!

5. You aren't harming the theaters.

The MoviePass company is buying the movie theater tickets at whatever price they are offered at. So that means it is only MoviePass operating at a loss and not your local theaters.

6. There is even a fancy app.

The app keeps track of the movies you watched and when you watched them. So you can always recall the terrible movie nights and easily remember which ones are on the must buy dvd list! Although the only downfall is you must check in once you get the movies on this app, so the app can be a little buggy at times.

Overall, MoviePass is not for a family of five I get that my parents would laugh if I suggested this for them. Although for those who are young, cheap, and not too overbooked this is the ideal Friday night demand. I know in my little college town MoviePass has been selling like wildfire and it's the new craze. Also, you get your own little debit card that automatically loads the precise amount that is needed to buy your ticket. Which just blows my mind how amazing technology is nowadays. So if you are thinking should I do this?? I say YES try it out! The worst that can happen is you realize you don't go enough and cancel it after one month!