Why You Should Cherish Your Time With Your Family And Friends

To my family and friends: I love you.

12972

Time is the most precious gift that we could give someone. Sometimes the most priceless presents are truly the most expensive gifts. We live in a world where materialistic items are important in our lives and we succumb to this ideology that society brings upon us. We rely so much on the possessions in our home rather than the people that walk through it. What we sometimes fail to realize is that time is the most valuable thing that we have. Creating memories and experiencing moments is an expensive way to live life. Our family and our friends are the true treasures we should give our time to.

The people in our lives are such a constant familiarity that we have no concept of what our lives would be like if someone were to leave it. Each day goes on, a second passes, a minute passes, and then a year passes. We sometimes do not even realize that in those minuscule moments we have impacted, missed, loved, and cried about someone. All of those moments are a second in time. We question sometimes if we went about something properly or if we should have taken a different route towards a situation. The time that we take to conjure up these irrelevant thoughts could make us miss a moment with someone we care about. Our family and friends are the jewels in our life. We realize once we experience a situation where someone is taken away from us that those fortunes in our life are not perennial. We are unable to fathom that in the blink of an eye, that person could be gone. We live in a bubble where we would like to believe that some aspects or people in our life could last forever.

Today is a new day, a new second, and a time to create a new moment. It is natural to have a life that completely consume us, but right now reflect and ask yourself what are you living for? My answer for that is simple. I live for the moments and memories I am able to make with my family and friends. You need to cherish each and every minute because there will come a time where that person will be gone. Spend as much time with those who matter most to you and hold on to them. So, talk to that person that you are scared to approach, love like you are going to die tomorrow, and laugh like that is going to be your last breath. Although we have grown and want to say we do not need anyone but ourselves to hold us up, I believe that is not true. My family and my friends are my anchor. They are the thread that holds me together. Now, for those of you that think you do not need them in your life; we sometimes will miss those we never imagined that we would. Life seems to have us tangled in our own lives, consumed by unnecessary thoughts that propel our priorities to go away. However, today, take a step back, and realize how many precious human beings you have in your life. I say this because the day will come when we need to say goodbye and we need to be strong knowing that we spent as much time with that special person when we could, and made many beautiful memories together. Count your blessings, say I love you, and live for the moments.

Live for the days where tomorrow does not exist while laughing and making moments with those that you cherish the most.