Why You Should Attend UGA

Why You Should Attend UGA

Gooo Dawgs!

18
photo by Bonnie O'Connor

I cannot begin to tell you how thankful I am to attend this school. The University of Georgia has become my home and given me a second family.

While I was in my senior year of high school, the college decision process seemed like it would be a daunting task. I toured probably 10 schools and never had the feeling I had when I stepped foot on UGA's campus. Something about it felt like where I needed to be.

Since attending this school, I have been exposed to some of the most intelligent, hard-working, passionate, and hands down the greatest people I have ever met. The community at this school is everything I could have hoped for and more. Every day I am blown away by the people I am surrounded by and feel so privileged to be in their presence. Each person here truly is a world changer and it shows. Since being here, I have made a group of friends who motivate, encourage, and push me like no others. I have always believed that home is not about where you are, but rather who you are surrounded by, and that could not have been proven to be truer as I have gone through college life.

Athens itself is such an amazing place with something for everyone. It's the perfect balance of all atmospheres and never fails to deliver on amazement. Being here for two years now, I still discover new parts of this city and it is one of my favorite things- a never-ending adventure!

I can truly say that this school has shaped me into who I am today. My classes and academic experience have challenged me in all the best ways possible. My mindset has been expanded and I have seen what I am capable of. This experience has shown me the results of hard work and dedication. It has been the most giving learning experience and one that I am eternally grateful for. UGA has made me realize my potential and my worth and has helped me discover my path.

This school has resources beyond imaginable. Every resource from websites to advisors to career exploration has helped me figure out who I am and what it is I want to do. Not only that, but I am able to feel fully confident in these resources and my plan.

Writing this and reflecting on my college journey thus far has made SO EXCITED thinking about all the future Bulldogs to come. Each person here has a unique story, journey, and experience, which is another aspect I adore, but in the end, we all can come to a common point of knowing we attend one awesome, extraordinary, and awe-inspiring school. There truly is nothing finer in the land.

So to the college senior deciding where to spend their next four years- choose where you feel home. I promise that gut feeling is there for a reason. I hope if you get anything out of this article it is that.

Good luck with everything to come.

Hope to see you around Athens :)