Why I Write

Why I Write

Writing is my escape when things get to be to hard.
13

Everyone has their own reasons on why they do anything. We all have reasons on why we talk the way we do, why we like to read or why we hate to read, why we love school or why we hate it. We all have reasons that dictate our actions. Every author has their own reasons on why they write a certain way, why they write this genre over another one, and every single one of them has their own reasons on why writing was something they wanted to do.

I like to write because I feel powerful when I do. I love the feeling of having all the power. I get to control the whole world that I create. I get to decide the hard decisions that I push my characters in. I get to decide everything. It's extremely satisfying knowing you are in control of this story and no one can come and tell you to change it.

I enjoy writing; there is something so amazing about being able to write down every weird, crazy, out of this world thought. Sometimes I don't feel as though I have a very creative mind but when I can write down everything that comes to mind, I'm able to find the few original ideas. I know most people are probably losing their minds right now, how can anyone enjoy writing? When I do find those original, creative ideas, I get this weird adrenaline rush and I have to start writing before I lose my train of thought. That moment right there, where my mind is so full of ideas is what I enjoy the most about writing. Writing is fun for me because as long as I'm creating this new world, I get to be someone else and I get to experience something completely new.

As cliche as it sounds, writing really helps me escape. Sometimes when everything just seems to keep piling on its nice to be able to pull out my notebook and just write. More often than not I have my head stuck in a book or a notebook. Even when I'm on my phone, a lot of the time I'm reading or writing something. It's so easy to get lost in a new story, at least for me it is. Being able to just sit somewhere quiet and write anything I want can be the best way for me to unwind. It's been about a month since I left for college; I'm farther from home than I have ever been before and sometimes it's hard. But when I force myself to sit and write down all my worries, they seem a lot less scary. Writing is my escape.

Even if you don't like to write your own stories and would rather just write in a journal, it can be so empowering. For me if I'm writing in a journal, I write things I know I could never say. Whether it be because its incredibly rude, or because I will never have the guts to say it. Writing can be so freeing. Nothing calms me more then just writing everything down and venting. Writing allows me to say anything I want, it allows me to filter out my thoughts better, it allows me to free myself from all the stresses of college and everything else life likes to throw at me.

A lot of people reading this will never understand my feelings when writing. Even so, I know that there is a whole world of people like me who love to write. I'm not a very good writer and I don't think I will ever be famous for it, but that doesn't matter. I don't write to make money, I don't write for other people, I don't write to get my message out. I write because I like to. I write because it's the only thing in this entire world that makes me feel unique. And as I said before, every author has their own reason on why they write. What is yours?