Why Women Really Wear Makeup

Why Women Really Wear Makeup

The real answer may surprise you.

3
Why Women Really Wear Makeup
MyMakeupIdeas.com

Yes, of course I wear makeup for men.

I wake up about a half hour earlier on a daily basis just so I can apply my makeup properly just to impress some random men I may see throughout the day. I spend hundreds of dollars on makeup not because I want to, but because I know men find me more attractive with it on. Yes, that's right, I curl my eyelashes, apply multiple coats of mascara, pluck my eyebrows, fill them in, contour my face, and blend my eyeshadow perfectly just so a man won't notice anyways.

I obsess over having the perfect shade of lipstick in fancy color names like "Ruby Red" or "Dorothy's Slippers" even though most guys will just see it as just red. However, I still take the time to find that perfect shade. I collect more than twenty shades of lipsticks, that guys can't even tell the difference in, to impress them. I obsess over lip moisturizers just to make sure my lips look perfectly smooth and pretty for any guy who may pass me by.

Yes. I do spend fifty dollars on one eye-shadow palette just to make sure I have the right shades to blend to give me that perfect man-grabbing look. I spend a lot of additional money on brushes and other tools to make sure this look is perfected.

I don't wear makeup because it makes me feel confident, I don't wear makeup because it emphasizes what I love about myself, I don't wear makeup because it gives me control or gives the effect of a war paint that makes me feel like a bad ass woman who looks fierce and can make her own independent choices. I don't do it because I feel like it is my own unique form of individual art. I don't do it for myself because it makes me feel good, that would be completely ridiculous.

Yeah, and honestly sometimes I feel bad for wearing makeup because I could deceive my possible future husband by looking different than I really do without makeup. I feel so guilty sometimes for the deception, and I lay awake at night regretting it. Sometimes I even shed a single tear. I feel so bad for tricking a man into believing I have perfect pink sparkly eyelids. In fact, it's counterproductive in what I'm trying to achieve, I'm giving possible boyfriends trust issues even before we have the chance to date. Maybe I should stop wearing makeup, but then, no guy will look at me without it anyways.

That's right, I do it just to impress men.

Yeah, okay.

You keep thinking that.