Why Wine is Wonderful

Why Wine is Wonderful

8
Why Wine is Wonderful

If you have clicked on this article, congratulations, you have just made a brilliant decision and I commend you for loving wine as much as I do.

First, I feel I must explain myself. I am not obsessed with alcohol in anyway; I just happen to really love it. Being gluten-free, a vegetarian, and having lived in Paris for the last year (tell me about a difficult diet), I didn’t have much choice. My three main food groups became vegetables, tofu…and wine. And it is slightly sad to say that wine probably took up the greatest part of my mealtime ‘ingredients’.

Now that I have justified myself slightly, I will give you a small run down on the different wines and why they are wonderful. I cannot tell where the wine was made by a simple swirl and sniff of the liquid, nor can I tell you if it would be best paired with a chicken dish or pasta. All I know is, and many others would agree, this liquid of the Gods is good in any color and with any food.

White wine- If you get a crisp Chardonnay or a dry Pinot Grigio, this is a great choice for sitting around, chilling with friends and having a good chat. Goes down smoothly and will keep you feeling classy. Now if you go for a sweeter, dessert white wine like Moscato, I warn you to sip carefully. Although it is delicious and tangy, it can sometimes leave you feeling a little sickly towards the end with the abundance of sweetness.

Red wine- I suggest a slow introduction to red wines, as many are somewhat stronger than white and can take a while to get used to. Just getting started? Try the Cabernet Sauvignon, easier to swallow and pairs well with just about any event, especially a quiet night in. You can eventually upgrade to the stronger flavors of Merlot, if you’re feeling daring. Like something spicier? Try a Chianti or full-bodied Italian red, like a Brunello. I have yet to become accustomed, but I am slowly getting there.

So pour a glass, take a sip and enjoy!