Why I Will Not Stop Wearing Oversized T-Shirts And Nike Shorts

Get over it, already.

3155
jwodesigns

So, apparently wearing oversized t-shirts and Nike shorts is such a terrible outfit to wear.

I saw a video the other day by Yahoo Style saying that "Norts" and a t-shirt is the "trashiest and most popular look of the summer."

On top of that, Total Frat Move wrote an article saying, "Norts Under An Oversized T-Shirt Is The Ugliest Outfit A Girl Can Wear." The writer said, "She was wearing an outfit so heinous that I would have squeezed lemon segments into my eyes to ease the pain."

It also made him lose his appetite just by looking at her. "Girls who wear this outfit only do it because they’re unoriginal and don’t want to risk embarrassment by showing off their own, personal, possibly not-well-received style.Guys obviously do the same thing to a degree with khakis, polos, boat shoes, etc., but our choice of clothing is much, much more stylish and casual than their absurd choice."

Yet, all of this is coming from a guy who's profile picture is him in a trash can, smoking a cigarette...very stylish dude. I definitely do not care what TFM has to say about anything, since everything they say is sexist towards women, and they have no right to say anything about what women do in the first place. It is still ridiculous that people are making a big deal about girls wearing this.

Apparently, girls can't wear anything right. It's "trashy" if a girl wears leggings, shorts, tight-fitting pants, pants with holes, tight shirts, or tank tops, and now apparently oversized t-shirts.

What can we do right?

I honestly am still going to wear this no matter what because it is comfortable and there are way worse things I could be wearing.

I am not going to be dressed up everywhere I go. If I am going to class, going to the grocery store, or going to a fast-food place, I am not going to get all dressed up. I may not even get all dressed up if I am going shopping. I like to be comfortable sometimes.

I agree that there are times I need to dress up. For instance, I am not going to wear Nike shorts and a t-shirt if I am going out on a date or going to a nice restaurant, but if I am just running errands, there is no point in getting all dressed up. Nike shorts and t-shirts apparently are not as appealing to the opposite sex. It turns us into a "blob" and you can't see our curves. Well honestly, we probably are dressing for ourselves anyways.

So get over it. We will continue to wear our oversized t-shirts and Nike shorts. Also, once it gets a little chilly, we will trade our Nike shorts into some comfortable leggings. But at least you aren't worrying about whether or not we are going out in public wearing ONLY a t-shirt. So if you have a problem with my comfy outfit, just don't look at me.