Why I Will Always Be A Mama's Girl

Why I Will Always Be A Mama's Girl

And very proud of it.

469
Why I Will Always Be A Mama's Girl
weheartit.com

In life there are very few people that know you better than you know yourself. For me, one of those people has always been my mom. With all respects to my dad, who I love very much, my mom was and will always be my go-to person. Somehow she always knows exactly what to say at the right time, and I’m always shocked how sometimes she knows what’s better or right for me more than I do. She has been there for me when I’ve felt like no one understood what I was thinking, but somehow she always knows exactly what is and how I feel, and always reassures me that how I feel is perfectly OK.

She puts up with me when I’m hard to deal with, which tends to happen a lot, and has never given up on me no matter how wrong I am or what I have done. She has shown me what true unconditional love looks and feels like, and I can never thank her enough for that.

I would be fortunate to become half of the woman my mom is. She doesn’t have everything in this world to provide me but I know she will always give me love, comfort, trust and support for the rest of her life.

So thank you mom, for laughing with me, crying with me, and everything else in between. Thank you for putting up with all of the stupid videos and pictures I show you, and thank you for answering all of my silly questions I bombard you with. Thank you for always giving me your shirt off your back and for being my forever best friend. Thank you for not always agreeing with me on something but never stopping me in making the decision for myself. And thank you for always giving me one of your big hugs right when I need them the most.

My mom has showed me throughout my life the mother that I want to be to my children one day, and has made me confident in the fact that the example she is showing me will shape me into a woman who is strong, independent and can take on any challenge that is thrown at her.

I promise you mom that I will always be there for you as well, no matter what happens in life I will always be there to support you just like you do for me. We have been thru a few rough patches in life where we had to overcome bumps in the road, but you and I always stood tall together, and I can’t thank you enough for being the support system that I needed.

My mom has been my cheerleader, teacher, and care giver all my life, and I’m so lucky to have had her there for me.

So here's to all of the proud mama's girls out there, we are lucky to have strong and loving woman in our lives to look up to and aspire to be like.