Why Wearing Makeup Helps Increase My Self-Esteem

I've Gone Without It, And I Just Feel Better With It
2447

I have been wearing makeup since I was about 15. At first, it was just a little bit of mascara, but then the amount of makeup I wore escalated. When I was going into my junior year of high school I was 16. This is when I started to cake my face in makeup. I thought it made me look better, but then I began to realize that caking my face in makeup was not what made me look better, it was my self-esteem. My self-esteem went up when I was wearing all of that makeup, but recently, about 6 months ago, I began to wear just one layer of light makeup. It still made me feel beautiful, even though I wasn’t wearing much of it. I realized that even just the littlest bit of makeup can help your self-esteem.

Some days I don’t even wear makeup because I realized that I can be beautiful without it. Makeup is good for when you want to boost your self-esteem, but don’t feel like you have to cake your face in makeup to look beautiful. Makeup is just a way you can make yourself feel better about how you look, and once you feel more confident, you can either start wearing less of it or just know that even without it, you look beautiful. I have been insecure about how my face look since I started wearing makeup when I was 15. I didn’t like how it looks because I felt like I was not pretty enough. This is when I started to wear some mascara, but after a year I didn’t feel like that was enough. So I started to put bb cream, then powder and cake my face with it. I felt like it made me prettier. I was wrong. The increase in confidence is what made me prettier, not the large amount of makeup I applied to my face.

Since then I have learned that even with just a bit of makeup I can help increase my confidence. Less makeup if better for your skin anyways. Nowadays I just put on makeup in 5 minutes and I still feel just as beautiful as I did when I took 30 minutes. But now I wear less makeup and waste less of my time, yet my confidence is higher than ever. In the past I was worried I would not look good when wearing little to no makeup, but now I know either way I look beautiful. And being confident helps with that. If I wasn’t confident I would’ve never been able to leave the house without makeup. I now love my face the way it is, but I still enhance it by wearing a bit of makeup just because it makes me feel better about going out. If you feel like you’re not pretty enough without makeup, you’re probably wrong, because you can be pretty without makeup. Using makeup to boost your confidence is a good idea, though. Using makeup enhances your face and shows you how naturally pretty you are.