Why Everyone Should Watch "This Is Us"

Why Everyone Should Watch "This Is Us"

"When you are handed the sourest lemon life has to offer, turn it into something resembling lemonade."

111
Why Everyone Should Watch "This Is Us"
Google

Every single person on the planet is going through this thing we call life. Life isn't easy, it's challenging. It's not always exciting, but is quite a roller coaster. Everyone's life is different and we're all going through different things; though some of us have many things in common. Some of us share the same interests. Some of us share the same eye color or hair color. And some of us even share the same birthday. NBC's latest hit TV show, "This Is Us", has caught America's attention by demonstrating many aspects of life.

The story takes place in Pittsburgh (which if you ask me, is pretty cool considering I grew up and currently still live in Pittsburgh). The show opens by introducing a couple who is expecting triplets on the husbands 36th birthday. The show then shifts into the lives of three other people who are all celebrating their 36th birthday; each one going through some sort of drama in their life. We eventually learn that these three people are all connected. They all connect back to the couple we were introduced to in the beginning.

I don't want to spoil too much incase you haven't watched it yet. And if you haven't watched it yet, you better get on it. This show, "This Is Us" portrays every different aspect of the so-called "American Dream". We see the life of a movie star actor, a successful business man and a heavy set woman trying to lose the weight. But the story also pans back into the past of a couple trying to raise their three kids. We see the joy, the sadness, the fights and arguments, the laughter in this family. We see each stage of life, infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood. Just like we have all lived through and are continuing to live through.

To sit back and enjoy a show that depicts different scenes that are so relatable to everyday life is entertaining. Each day we go through life, we think we're the only one going through whatever we're going through. But within in this show, there's something for everyone. There is at least one thing that every person can relate to and each situation in the show can relate to whatever you may be going through. The lessons and messages within this show can be interpreted differently by whoever watches it and depending on their stage of life.

"This Is Us" is a show for the whole family. There's comedy, drama, and romance. You begin to develop a sense of connection and bond with the characters. Each week we learn more and look deeper into their lives and I think we begin to see ourselves in them and that's what ties us in. We are able to see the connections between the characters in the story and relate them to the connections and bonds that tie us together in our own lives.

Each and every one of us are on this crazy roller coaster we call 'Life'. Life is a beautiful mystery. It may not always seem that way, but it is. We never know what is coming next. "This Is Us" is a show that is honest, relatable, intriguing, and real. It show us hope, love, trials, complications, family life, determination and compassion. Stay alert in your life. See the people who cross in your daily path.. You never know what you may have in common.