Why I Want To Grow Up To Be Rey

Why I Want To Grow Up To Be Rey

2
Why I Want To Grow Up To Be Rey

No, not Mr. Ray from Finding Nemo, though he is also quite the character! Today I am talking about Rey from the all new "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." If you have yet to see this amazing movie, I highly suggest you do so immediately, especially since there is one major spoiler in this article. And if your fear of having the movie spoiled for you doesn’t convince you to go, let my list about the heroic female lead, Rey, convince you!

1. Rey can take care of herself.

One thing my mom has always tried to teach me is that I have to take care of myself. While I am a princess, I am certainly not a damsel in distress. Especially in today’s world, ladies should be taught how to take care of themselves when put in a possibly dangerous situation. Most importantly, as Marie from "Aristocats" says, “Ladies do not start fights, but they can finish them!”

2. Rey is gorgeous.

Even after running through deserts and forests, battling countless Stormtroopers and being taken by Kylo Ren, her makeup is perfect. Yes, this may have something to do with some pretty hefty and expensive stage makeup, but even without the make-up she is just as beautiful.

3. Rey is in shape.

And yes, I guess this comes with spending time running around your desert planet, but all of that scrap metal she finds certainly requires some heavy lifting!

4. She don’t need no man!

How many times did Rey shake off Finn’s hand when they were trying to run? And while Finn was just trying to be a gentleman (after all, Finn and Rey would be relationship goals!), this showed us how independent Rey truly is. And while having a prince charming is all and well, that’s certainly not the most important thing in life. It is extremely important that women everywhere know that they don’t need a man to make them happy!

OK, I told you there was a big spoiler, and here it comes…. I’m warning you one more time.

5. Rey has the force.

Personally, this was my favorite part of the movie because of how many questions it brought about. And while Rey didn’t accept it at first, she quickly took advantage of her newfound talent. And while she has yet to master it, one must wonder what she will do with it in the future.