Why Use a Body Pillow?
News

Why Use a Body Pillow?

Body pillows are extra-long bed pillows that range in size from 20" x 54" to 20" x 60". Typically, they are filled with polyester or a blend of 5% down and 95% feathers (5/95).

67
Why Use a Body Pillow?

Most feature a novelty, plush fabric and are often sold around back-to-school summer season (June-August). Prices vary and can range from inexpensive versions of $25 to $50 to luxury versions of $50 to $125 on sale.

Body pillows are basically the size of two queen bed pillows. They are great for consumers with back and/or hip pain. Additionally, they provide extra support to lessen the amount of body stress that normal sleep positions may induce. These waifu pillow should be moldable and have a loose filling which allows the pillow to be bent slightly as the sleeper desires.

How do you select the filling for your pillow?

The cheapest filling material is polyester, and generally these are in the $25 to $50 range. When filled with polyester, they are used more for decoration or casual use.

An upgraded filling is a blend of down and feathers, usually grey duck down filling of 5/95. Naturally-filled pillows are good options as the down and feathers offer more give and take and can mold to your desired shape.

The ultimate in luxury and comfort are down-filled pillows. They are soft, moldable, and silky to the touch. These styles are preferred for common usage. Unlike a feather-blend model dakimakura shop which can offer an occasional poking feather, the down option is extremely soft.

Regardless of filling, most body pillows can be machine washed, and the filling selection is more of a personal decision with the platinum standard being a down-filled model.

How do you protect your body pillow?

We recommend all pillows be covered with a protective cover and used with a body pillowcase. Just be sure to buy the right size cover as you don't want a body pillow cover to be too loose. You also want to make sure the case is longer than the pillow to provide nice coverage and comfort.

Because body pillows do not typically have a high thread-count, luxury fabric. you will want to consider adding a body pillowcase to provide a smoother fabric and better experience. Covers usually have zippers which close on one of the smaller ends. Cases usually have a higher thread count and can be easily removed for washing.

When it is time to purchase a body pillow, you want to make sure that you use a protective cover and wash it with your normal linen washing cycles, perhaps about once a month. Most can be machine washed and dried, usually at home. Washing your cover is faster, cheaper, and more eco-friendly compared to washing the whole pillow. Please note that some novelty, plush body pillows may shed in the washer/dryer, so wash and dry them on their own without other linens.

How do you use a body pillow?

Body pillows are used between sleepers' legs to limit the amount of back pressure. The exact position is similar to climbing a log, where your legs are straddling the pillow. Sometimes sleepers like to position their body at an angle and this would only prop one leg on top of the pillow.

So if you have back and/or hip pain, and would like extra support to lessen the amount of body stress that normal sleep positions may induce, a body pillow may be a good solution.