Proof That The Avril Lavigne Conspiracy Theory Is Just Not True

There's nothing people love more than a good conspiracy theory

495

I'm not sure how many people have actually read into the Avril Lavigne conspiracy theory but I'm ashamed to say that I have... a lot. I first came across the idea while scrolling through twitter. I read an entire thread of tweets with supposed reasons why Avril Lavigne is dead and has been replaced with Melissa, her apparent look alike. Although many are convinced that our beloved punk princess is really dead, I choose to believe otherwise because all of this just seems really fake to me. I'll explain:

The first thing that came up was the difference in Avril's appearance. As you can see in the picture below these are all very, very superficial changes that are tipping people off. I mean realistically, if someone hadn't changed their appearance from 2003-2013 I would have been more concerned. This is ridiculous, if we spent time analyzing every popstar's smile habits and whether or not their hair is straight we would have no time left for anything else. Why don't we look at the things that do match instead, her hair is parted the same, her nose, eyes, and chin, are the same shape. Hell even her eye brows are the same and I believe she is wearing the same necklace even 10 years later.

The next thing that came about was the drastic change in Avril's music. Again, I was unconvinced. Let's take a second to remember the drastic change in Miley Cyrus's music or Taylor Swift. Did we propose that they, too, had impostors? No, because that is a normal part of the music industry.

The thread continues saying that Avril Lavigne DIED in 2003 and was completely replaced with her impostor, Melissa. Let's think about this for a second, in 14 years the apparent death of our favorite punk princess was not mentioned? The unfortunate truth about being famous is that you really don't get to have any secrets, but I'm supposed to believe that Avril Lavigne's death was kept a secret for 14 years? No, I'm not buying it and neither should you.

Supposedly, Avril is coming out with a new album, according to twitter that is. If you'll remember correctly the last big hit that Avril had was Girlfriend. What better way to sell music than a conspiracy theory. Fans are going to wonder if it is truly the real Avril Lavigne or this heinous Melissa behind the music. There is not much people love more than a good conspiracy theory and this is no different than the rest of Hollywood's ridiculous publicity stunts.