Why Technology Is Crucial To Our Lives

Why Technology Is Crucial To Our Lives

Isn’t it funny how technology can go from being a privilege to being a necessity?

159
Why Technology Is Crucial To Our Lives
medicine.llu.edu

Technology. What is it exactly?

According to dictionary.com technology is “The knowledge that deals with the creation and use of technical means and their interrelation with life, society, and the environment.”

According to datesandevents.org, the first technological advances started before anyone would’ve thought. In 2400 BC the first calculator was invented.

Datesandevents, also showed that a few years later in 1280 eyeglasses were invented.

Technology is not new.

Although to some people it is new. But in reality?

It has been around longer than any of us have.

People don’t realize that inventions such as eyeglasses and calculators are also considered technology.

Of course, it is hard to consider something so simple as eyeglasses to be technology; when you have a laptop or smartphone that does so many more amazing things.

Technology even used to be a privilege for most people.

It was rare in the 1980s and 1990s for someone to have a cellphone or computer.

Most people didn’t keep up with the times and were still using typewriters in those times.

It is important to keep up with the times because in today's day and age technology is used for just about everything.

According to a YouTube video posted by Clayton Trehal “The number of internet devices has increased by millions since the 1980s."

The 1980s was only 30 years ago.

In 2013, computersciencedegreehub.com stated that in 1985 there were 340,213 U.S mobile subscribers.

Today? There are 300,520,098 U.S mobile subscribers.

The first mobile phone came out in 1983--it was the Motorola Dyna TAC 8000x.

Motorola was the only company coming out with phones until 1992 when the Nokia 101 came out.

In 1997 Samsung mobile entered the mobile business.

In 2007 the first iPhone came out.

Billions of people all over the word use smartphones to communicate with their loved ones daily.

Computers and phones are used in offices worldwide.

Billions of people send emails daily.

Billions of people shop online daily.

Billions of people use their computers for school and work.

Technology has become something we can’t get along without.

Technology matters.

Many people don’t want to keep up with the evolving times, they like their phone the way it is or they don’t want to part with their laptop. But, it is important to stay updated on the latest technology at all times.

It was only 10 years ago the first iPhone came out.

Now, we’re waiting for the iPhone 8!

Once again according to Clayton Trehal “In 2006 there was 2.7 billion google searched now there is 31 billion”

Even within a decade, the use of technology has changed rapidly.

Technology is not going anywhere, it is constantly evolving.

Even Bill Schrader stated, "almost overnight, the internet's gone from a technical wonder to a business must"

As of 2017, technology is everywhere.

All over schools, business offices, hospitals, and the like.

I can’t wait to see what the next decade has in store for us.