Why Summer School Is The Best Thing That Has Happened to me

You might hate it while it's happening, but it's totally worth it.

18
www.cedarville.edu

So I know the struggle of taking a full load of classes during the school year and counting down the days until summer break. Unfortunately for those of us that take summer classes, summer break is the beginning of yet another semester. Over the years, I have developed a deep love/hate relationship with summer school, but I continue to do it every year. Here's why:

1. You can make your own schedule

If you know you have a vacation in June? No problem you can register for a class that doesn't start until July.

2. You can take as many or as few classes as you want

You don't have to worry about being a full-time student like during the school year. Take as many or as little classes as you want!

3. You have more time on your hands, why not be productive?

You have so much time during the summer! Why not go to class and still be able to go to the beach?

4. You will get better grades because you have more time to focus on school work

I feel like during the school year there are way too many things going on: sports, clubs, working and not to mention your three other classes. Summer classes allow you to go at your own pace and you have more time to devote to getting quality work done.

5. Your classes are shorter (eight weeks compared to 16 during the year.)

This summer I am taking five summer classes (I know, a lot.) What other time can you finish a semesters worth of classes in less than three months?

6. You can work ahead

Whether you are taking online or in person classes you can actually work ahead! You are able to finish a full class in less than a month if you wanted (if online.) When else can you do this?

7. You are assigned less homework

Because the classes are so short and fast paced you actually get away with doing less work than during the school year! It can feel like a lot during but afterwards you realize it wasn't much at all.

8. You can go to school from home (if you take online classes)

Online classes are my favorite during the summer. You can sleep in as long as you want and not have to worry about missing or being late to class.

9. You can graduate early

By taking summer classes you are able to get ahead and depending on the amount of classes you take you are able to graduate a lot quicker. In my case I decided to double major last semester, which was a bit late in my college career. By taking summer classes I am able to still graduate on time and not have to spend an additional year in school.

10. Participation points have never been so easy

Participation can be so annoying during the school year. When taking summer classes participation is easier to get because the classes are shorter, and if your class is online it is even easier because participation counts for just doing your assignments or posting on a discussion board.

11. It is a great way to boost up your GPA

Was last semester a bit rough and you didn't do as well as you hoped? Summer classes help you to get a little boost to recoup from the school year. Because you have more time and most likely will do a lot better in your summer classes those summer school A's will be a helping hand to your GPA.

Overall in the mist of summer classes you may hate it. But after the summer ends you'll be thankful that you did it and be back for more next year.