Why Spring Break Is The Best Break

Why Spring Break Is The Best Break

All breaks are nice, but then there is Spring Break.

458
Why Spring Break Is The Best Break

Breaks are always nice. Even if it’s just a long weekend, I constantly find myself counting down to when I’m going to get my next chance to breathe, sleep in, and catch up on whatever work I am probably behind on. After going seven weeks without a break, I have started to feel like I’m running on overdrive. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels like the first half of this semester has been a total whirlwind. I’ve found myself counting down to spring break and just trying to make it.

Lucky for me, I go to a school that has a fall break. That means first semester I get a week off in October, a break for Thanksgiving, and then shortly after that I’m home for a month for Christmas break. I love the chance to go home and see my family, and I always appreciate the chance for a mental break.

Second semester, the schedule is a little different, and spring break is the first break we are getting. This isn’t unique to this year, but I am finding that I am quite possibly more excited for this break than I have been for all the other breaks combined. There are many, many reasons that spring break is the best break.

First, spring break means, well, spring. After a few sunny and warm weather tease days here at Villanova, I’ve noticed how ready I am for spring. It is so clear to me that nearly everyone is in a much better mood when the sun is shining and you don’t have to worry about lugging around a coat and chugging through snow with heavy boots on. Spring break often means warm weather and a promise that spring is coming soon.

It also means you’re just about halfway through the second semester. This can be bittersweet, as you realize that somehow you’re quickly running out of time to do fun things and get your grades up. BUT, it also means that you’re slowly getting closer to summer.

Spring break clothes are also really fun to shop for. I’ve always preferred finding cute tank tops and new flip flops to needing to find what kind of parka I’m going to invest in with the hopes that it will keep me warm throughout the winter.

Spring break brings a kind of hope to it that not all breaks do. So, whether your break is this week, next week, or not until Easter, go ahead and use the promise of some R&R as your motivation.