Why spoiling Yourself is so fun

Why Spoiling Yourself Is So Fun

My first-hand experience at spoiling myself and self-love

lmlott
lmlott
3

Here in the past couple of weeks, I have been working very hard, trying to lose weight, and make myself better. I wanted to go out with friends and noticed that I have NO clothes in my closet. I have spent so long working hard at my job, focusing on school, and working out among so many other things to notice that I have spent NO money on myself or new clothes to fit my new body with less weight.

When I came to this realization, I also realized something else: I have no clue what's in style, I don't know what's cute and that I have been living under a rock for as long as I can remember. I literally had not been paying any attention to any of the new styles, trends or anything else for so long. I haven't been able to afford any new clothes or spend any time on myself to make me feel good since high school. (I'm a junior in college.) So this made a change inside me for the better.

I went absolute declutter mode on my closet and life. I sold all of the old clothes in my closet that I didn't want anymore on top of unnecessary decorations that just made my tiny college apartment feel overwhelming. With this extra money, I got my hair and nails done. (I am a sucker for things like this. It made me feel AMAZING.) I then hit up the good ole Pinterest and literally typed in "2019 trends." I know this is kinda dumb, but I literally had no idea what is in style and what is cute. With my new Pinterest inspiration and the little bit of money I have accumulated from selling everything else, I went to my favorite online store and clicked sale and stocked up.

As my new goodies began to come in, I felt something I haven't felt in a long time. I cannot describe it, but the best I can do is say that I gave myself something I didn't know I needed or wanted. Now I know new clothes and stuff isn't necessary but it's something I wanted. I felt so out of place amongst my cool, stylish friends wearing my literally so old and dab clothes but I brushed it off to the point I didn't even know I felt that way.

So my advice to anyone that isn't feeling themselves: go shopping, get your nails done, get a spray tan, declutter. I promise it will help you so much, and it will be SO fun!