17 Reasons Why Going Sober Is The Best Decision You Could Make This Year

Sobriety is so underrated, even when it comes to healthcare. The instant gratification of a substance or drink isn't exactly as gratifying as some people may think. For those of you who've never been hungover, consider yourself lucky — a hangover is biologically horrifying. A hangover is not instant gratification, so who are we kidding when people say "it just feels good." Being healthy actually feels good and won't hurt you or your bank account in the morning. The best way to be healthy is to choose sobriety.

1. You sleep better 

No chemical imbalance, no disturbing, restless nights.

2. Mornings are all about sunshine 

Just fresh air and a new day, no headache!

3. You feel healthier 

All you need is food and water, you're good to go.

4. You look better 

Your body has time to heal.

5. You live better 

No more hiding from the light.

6. Your memory improves 

Your life is worth remembering, trust me.

7. Your mental health improves 

Happy memories, happy thoughts.

8. You grow spiritually 

Being grounded can be groundbreaking.

9. You attract opportunities 

The law of attraction serves you right.

10. You discover your purpose 

You need your soul to find your soul mission.

11. You get to embark on your journey 

Nothing is holding you back anymore, you are ready for the world!

12. You are rewarded 

Hard work will always pay off, so put yourself first!

13. You are loved 

You learn to truly love yourself when you take the best physical care of yourself.

14. You are love 

When you love yourself, you get to share that love with others.

15. You are here 

Enjoying the present moment is the greatest gift of all.

16. You are growing 

And you're learning something new every day and staying conscious.

17. You are successful 

You're spending for vitality and that always comes back tenfold.

If you or someone you know needs help with substance abuse or mental health issues, call 800-662-HELP (4357) for the SAMHSA National Helpline.