Wear Sunscreen, Y'all

Wear Sunscreen, Y'all

Suns out, buns out. Don't let them get burned!

79

With the incoming of Spring comes rising temperatures and sunny weather. For many, this is one of the best times of the year; seasonal depression starts to dissolve, more time is spent outdoors, and, once school is over, many people feel like they don't have a care in the world.

Start caring, bitch! Your skin is on the line!

If you're like me, you absolutely do not wear sunscreen every day. Maybe it's because you're forgetful, maybe it's because you don't burn easily, or maybe it's because you genuinely don't see a reason to wear it.

Believe it or not, protecting your skin from that orb of hot gas and solar rays is extremely important! Not only does it protect you from short term consequences like sunburns, but it also protects you from getting premature wrinkles, skin cancer, and other health issues that may come about later in life.

It's so worth it to wear sunscreen every day, and I'm trying to get into the habit of doing so. Easy ways to incorporate SPF into your daily life is replacing some products you already have with ones that are better for your skin.

For example, finding body or face lotion with SPF in it is so easy and helpful! If you're someone that showers in the mornings, having lotion with SPF included allows you to put on sunscreen at the same time you're putting on lotion, so there are no extra steps. For people who wear makeup daily, finding a foundation or lipstick that can protect your skin is a no brainer. Of course, the best course of action is to put on actual sunscreen, but this is a good place to start.

Now, you might be thinking "yeah, I know, I should wear sunscreen… but, it's really not that big of a deal, right?"

WRONG.

Every unprotected exposure to the sun accumulates into a large amount of damage!

When you go out without sunscreen, it can do damage to your body, even if you don't get a sunburn. Over time, this damage builds up and can lead to all sorts of nasty things. Many of these things cannot be reversed by adding SPF into your daily life, so you must do it before the damage occurs. If you're not wearing sunscreen, put some on now! By throwing a small, travel-sized tube in your purse, backpack, car, or pocket, you're able to be protected wherever you go. Stay safe!

https://www.prevention.com/beauty/skin-care/g22719929/moisturizer-with-spf/

https://www.makeup.com/makeup-foundations-with-spf

https://www.bustle.com/articles/158679-13-gorgeous-lipsticks-with-spf-so-you-can-protect-your-pout-all-summer

https://www.theactivetimes.com/healthy-living/scary-things-happen-when-you-don-t-wear-sunscreen/slide-4