I'm Thankful Every Day

I'm Thankful Every Day

Every. Damn. Day.

66

I'm thankful every damn day of my life. Yes, that sounds annoyingly happy - and to some, it might be. Some people go through their day to day life always finding something wrong and to be honest, I've been one of those people. It's sometimes easier to complain about the things going wrong in your life than it is to try to find the positive. It's also really easy to fall into a pattern of negativity and no matter what good comes into your life, you'll find something negative in it. It's also really easy to feel like things aren't going your way and feel like some things will never go your way, no matter what you do - but I urge you to try to find something, anything, so be positive about. I urge you to be thankful.

I'm thankful every damn day that I was given an incredible family, amazing friends, and people who support me and lift me up. I'm thankful that those people in my life are there for me, whether I call them every day or I talk to them once every three months. It's not about how often you talk to one another, it's about how you show up and are there for each other no matter what life throws at you. It's about being there, loving them, and always showing appreciation just having them in your life. It's about knowing that you and your family or friends might have disagreements or arguments, but you want that person in your life more than you care about your ego or being right.

I'm thankful that I am able to breathe without issue, or that I can get out of bed in the morning, that I can see and hear and smell. There are people who cannot do the simple things that some take or granted every single day of their lives. When was the last time you picked up your phone - have you ever thought that if you didn't have your arm, or have all of your fingers, or had these parts but couldn't use them, how that would impact you? Be grateful that every day you can open your eyes and see the sunshine. Be thankful you can hear the sound of your dad's or mom's voice, you can smell fresh baked cookies or anything else that you've probably never thought about.

I'm thankful I've found love and that I have someone who isn't only going to stand by my side every day of my life but wants to. He wants to be there through the good and the bad. He wants to do the stressful things like buying a house and raising children and anything else life throws at us - because it means doing it together. I'm thankful I get to wake up every day to him and our puppy and know that no matter what we encounter or go through, I'll have him and our pup. You may not have found your person yet, and maybe you don't ever want to get married or find someone - but you have that freedom and should be thankful that you can live your life the way YOU want. If you have found love, it can be messy and stressful and painful, but isn't it worth it?

Always find something to be thankful for, because there really is just so much. It can be something incredibly simple like waking up in the morning or seeing a flower bloom, or it can be something much bigger than you - like love. It's so important to find something, anything, to be grateful for and to know that every day of your life, you have something to be happy about and have something worth holding on to. Those small things will always get you through.