Why Sex Can Wait, And Why It Should Not Be Expected

Sex has become twisted into something totally different than what it's created for

179
Gistpool Images

Nowadays, sex is broadcasted everywhere. It has become the norm. It is plastered on billboards as you drive down the highway in some way, shape, or form. There are seductive commercials constantly playing, and in almost every movie there is some type of nudity and or sexual scene. The world we live in is making sex seem like it is part of the norm, that it's okay to look at other humans lustfully, and encourages porn like it's some kind of funny joke. Woman are constantly getting whistled, hooted, and hollered at, and in the work place, sexual harassment has become a way of flirting. Having sex with your partner has become expected- and saving yourself for marriage has become frowned upon, and or almost shocking.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

For real, though.

Since when did showing off too much of your body to get people staring become such a popular thing? Since when did letting your boss touch you in an inappropriate way become okay? Since when did porn become expected? Since when did being viewed as a sexual object instead of a human being become the norm?

This isn't normal.

This is actually very very wrong.

You see, sex has become twisted into something totally different than what it's created for. It has become the opposite of what it was created and intended to be. It has become dirty, normal, and convenient. It has become really selfish, forceful, and threatening.

This isn't right.

Why do you think divorce is so high? The answer: "connection" has started to decrease. Intimacy is at a high risk because of the traps that most humans fall into. Intimacy is all about protecting your relationship, and that means walking out in a pure lifestyle.

Sex is a gift. It is a pure gift, that shouldn't be taken advantage of. It is the opposite of selfish- it is selfless. It is giving your whole self to one person that deserves it most. Your spouse.

Sex was really created between one man and one woman. It is intended to be the most intimate and beautiful gift that you could share with someone. It is supposed to be something that you've never shared with another human being because it was created for that one person you will be with for the rest of your life.

It's time to start living above the worldly standard, and time to take ownership for what is right. It's time to start standing up for the people that are getting cheated on, and not blowing it off like it's no big deal. It is time to start closing the doors to things that aren't right. It is time to start standing up for the girl who is constantly getting sexually harassed at work, instead of laughing it off. It's time to start standing up for the people that are getting hit on in public in an uncomfortable way. It's time to stand up for the people your friends are making comments about hooking up with, and trying to get in their pants. It is time to start respecting people.