Why Philadelphia Is One Of The Best Cities in The U.S.

"There’s just something about Philly that makes me never want to leave when I visit."

879
Vexels

Philadelphia is amazing. I’ve visited countless times, and it is by far my favorite city (besides Buffalo, of course). There’s just something about it that makes me never want to leave when I visit. There’s always something to do whether it’s the food, history, sports or fun events.

Philadelphia’s people are their own kind of people. They have an attitude to them - they’re not afraid to say what they want. Not only that, but they have their own unique language as well. They says words such as “jawn” and pronounce water, “wooder” just to name a few.

Philly has amazing food. Of course, they’re known for their famous ‘Philly Cheesesteaks’ which are the only real, true Philly cheesesteaks you will ever have - don’t try getting them anywhere else. The best places to get them (I heard) is Pat’s or Geno’s. Philly also has flavored ice, specifically Rita’s as well as delicious soft pretzels and hoagies. If you ever visit Philly, make sure you eat - lots.

As a student in college - Philly is a hub for college campuses. The city contains great schools such as Villanova University, St. Joseph’s, Bryn Mawr, University at Pennsylvania, Haverford, Drexel and Temple are just a few of the colleges in Philly. It’s a great city to learn, meet others from all over and even start a career.

Besides the amazing schools, Philly also has great sports teams. The city has a professional team for 4 major sports. For hockey, they have the Philadelphia Flyers, football is the Philadelphia Eagles, their baseball team are the “Phillies” and their basketball team is called the “76ers”. Whatever sport you’re into, Philly is bound to have it.

A huge part of Philly’s atmosphere is the history the city was built on. Philadelphia was the United States’ first capital. Both the Declaration of Independence as well as the Constitution were signed in Philly. Also, Philly holds the Liberty Bell! There is so much to learn from the city about the nation it was built on, and I reccomend to visit some of the museums and historic buildings.

If you ever visit Philly, make sure to visit the sights and get something to eat. It’s one of my favorite cities in the U.S. and I recommend you visit at least once in your life.