The reasons why I love music

8 Reasons Music Has And Always Will Be An Important Part Of My Life

Music has been there through every moment in my life.

45

Music is all around us and portrays people emotions and feelings. Some songs move my heart, make me overwhelmed with tears, or just make me insanely happy. No matter the walls that have towered over me in my life music has and always will be my go to. Here are some reasons why music is so important to my life specifically.

It shaped my childhood.

Some of my fondest memories are driving around in my mother's green Malibu listening to music. We might not have had much money. We might not have even had air, but we had each other and we had music. It seemed liked that was what we were always doing and I would not have wanted any other way. This beautiful habit stemmed into my sister and I venturing out with a playlist if we were bored, needed to let off some steam, or just needed out of our house. Our go-to would always be driving for hours listening to our favorite song at the time.

It gave me a purpose through middle school and high school.

I joined band in middle school and did it all the way through high school until I graduated. I was able to listen to music's sweet sounds for several hours a day. It got me involved in an organization and gave something to spend my time on. It also gave me a taste of dedication and perseverance.

It makes every family function or party 5 times better.

We go to my aunt's house quite frequently for family get-togethers. There is with out a doubt in my mind going to be music playing when I walk up. Without it everything seems more dull. It just makes your environment come alive. Everyone sings along when a great hit is played, and it never fails to bring a good time. It always gives us great conversation as well. Anything from new discovered artists to old legends. I would probably want to leave a party if not even a faint whisper of music was heard.

It helps me to unwind after a long day.

Sometimes after a long day at work I like to put on either the classical station or K- love. it helps me to think about my day or better not, think about it at all. Something about a peaceful classical song or an overwhelming Christian one makes my heart melt inside of my chest and instantly makes me forget the issues that might have burdened me earlier in the day.

There is always a song to fit my mood.

No matter if you are lonely depressed, worried, scared, angry, or sad there is always a song for that. Music can sometimes describe how you are feeling more than your own words could.

It allows me to worship my savior.

I believe that music was first made as a way to connect and worship God. It is raw and personal way to reach out to your savior with your savior and tell him your true feelings and desires. We are able to praise him with the skills and voices he gave and he does not care how it sounds for it is all pleasing to him if it comes from the heart set on fire by him alone. It is such an overwhelming experience when I song a church or other christian fellowships and song comes on that I need to hear or just moves all the way into my soul.

It has helped me to more understand others feelings.

Music can be an open passage into a person's deepest feelings. I have listened to songs that helped me realize or better understand a persons pain that might be in my life or just different issues from people all over the world. It has even shed light on feelings I have had but could not explain.

It has helped my relationship with my sister strengthen despite the long distance.

My sister and I have these playlists on Spotify where we share songs that either we like or we think the other will like. Our goal is to send one at least once a week but of course fails more often than liked. However, when we actually share our song it gives us something to talk about and still stay connected with each other. I feel like it helps to better understand my sister and where she is in her life.