Why We Love "This Is Us"

Why We Love "This Is Us"

“with emotionally resonant dialogue and top-notch performances, This Is Us should fill that hole in your heart.”

28
Why We Love "This Is Us"
IMDB

NBC’S newest primetime drama “This Is Us” has been known to make its viewers keel over with laughter, ugly cry, but most of all walk away from the television screen feeling joyful and radiant about life. TVLine reviewed the series, “with emotionally resonant dialogue and top-notch performances, This Is Us should fill that hole in your heart.” The show revolves around numerous families and how their lives are intertwined in ways that never seemed possible. Below are a few reasons why “This Is Us” is raved about, and why it is perfect. Yes, it is perfect.

It’s the perfect “Dramedy”.

The show has the smoothest blend of drama and comedy. The characters face tough situations that will tear at your heartstrings, but the lightheartedness and knee-slapping moments will leave you smiling after you have just dried out your eyes from crying so much.

It tackles relatable scenarios.

The storyline often focuses on adoption, struggling with insecurities, sickness, facing obstacles, family troubles, raising children, and mourning. Although the show is scripted, the beautiful writing often shows examples and gives advice to the audience on how everyone is dealing with similar issues, and not one person is alone in this world.

The show revolves around happiness.

Although the show has its dark moments, each and every situation of adversity concludes in a positive way. Throughout the show, we see numerous characters reach their goals and soar to new heights. The show has a light atmosphere that is packed with motivation and energy.

The show does not hold back on sorrow.

While this may scare some viewers, the show does have numerous sad moments. What keeps the viewers glued to the screen, though, is that these sad situations that the characters face are not solved perfectly like the typical fairy tale ending in a television show. We see the characters grow from their trials and tribulations, and we can reflect on our own lives how sadness can blossom into greatness.

There are multiple story lines, always giving the audience more.

The show follows multiple families and various people in many different decades. The show takes place in the 40’s, 70’s, 80’s, and present day to name a few. New characters are constantly being introduced, yet the main cast is never left behind. The audience will always be subjected to new sets, costumes, and personalities that will leave them captivated and breathless.

The all-star cast plays unique and fresh roles.

“Walk To Remember” star Mandy Moore, “Gilmore Girl” leading man Milo Ventimiglia, and “The People vs O.J. Simpson” supporting actor Sterling K. Brown are just a few members of the ensemble cast. While they are known for iconic roles from their respective works, these actors play roles completely unlike their previous characters. Mandy Moore plays the struggling mother of triplets, Milo Ventimiglia plays her picture perfect husband, and Sterling K. Brown plays an anxiety-ridden businessman coping with his fathers' cancer. The show also starts Chrissy Metz, Justin Hartley, Chris Sullivan, and Ron Chepas Jones in leading roles.

NBC’s “This Is Us” plays Tuesday nights 9/8c.

Here is a featurette for "This Is Us".