Why I LOVE, The Bachelor

Why I LOVE, The Bachelor

All the reasons the this show is the greatest.

47
Why I LOVE, The Bachelor
thecelebrityauction.co

I love the Bachelor and Bachelorette. It's one of my favorite shows, and I look forward to it every year. I know, a lot of people think these shows are such trash, and they very well are, how is someone REALLY supposed to find love on a show like this? How much of it is actually staged? How much do the producers interfere in the show? Well, none of that matters to me. I love the show. Here's why I LOVE the Bachelor.

From the moment the show opens and it comes up with a picture of the Bachelor holding a red rose, I'm hooked. It's so cute seeing a man all dressed up, smiling and looking at you with love eyes, and holding a single red rose. Of course not only is the Bachelor appealing to the eye, but they open up with some story about him, and his troubled journey to find love, and how he hopes he can find someone to start a family with at the end of the show. Awww so cute, right? Finally! A man looking to settle down and find his forever woman. He's perfect, he loves his family, loves his nieces and nephews, and wants to find someone to love him back, every woman's romance fantasy right? Right.

Then they pull us in with the past Bachelors meeting the current Bachelor. Of course, they're going to pull in our favorites from pasts seasons, and we're immediately going to get giddy. We see all the men we love, in one place and think it's cute how the current Bachelor is so nervous and seeking advice from his fellow friends. We eat that stuff right up. I know I do and was feeling all cute inside when I saw Ben.

Then we start to meet the women. I always find myself liking at least one girl, and immediately picking the girl I'm going to hate this season. We think ugh, we KNOW that she's going to trick Nick into thinking that she's a good girl, and we ALL know that she's the worst of them all, but each show has to have it's villain right? Then we meet the few girls we actually like, the one with the child at home, the one that's been hurt so many time before, and we all identify with one girl at least and vicariously live through her in her road to love. I always identify with the girl who keeps getting hurt but doesn't give up and just wants someone to love her back. So we meet the women, we judge, we pick our winners, and so the game begins.

Then as the show carries on we see the Bachelor pick the girls we want, and of course, pick the girls we truly despise. We find ourselves saying "SHE'S LYING TO YOU!!!!" at the TV, and trying to get him to listen, but of course, he can't hear us. That's reality television for you. As the Bachelor takes them on a date, we get all girly inside because we see him taking girls on these fabulous dates that we could only dream of. Helicopter rides, dinner, and dancing with a kiss during a firework display, or horseback riding through the shore waves. Perfect, and that any girl would be lucky to go on. Then we see him meet their families. Ugh, a dream of mine, to meet someone to take home to the folks, and vice versa. You watch the moms grill the boy, and we're reminded of the times our moms and dads would embarrass us in front of our first boyfriends and grill them with the "what are your intentions with my daughter" speech. Everything they do in the Bachelor makes us yearn, and relate moments to moments we may have felt that were like that. We cry when the girl we rooting for doesn't get a rose because we see ourselves in her. We scream when the mean girl get's the rose and someone else deserved it because that's been us. Then we smile when we see the Bachelor say he feels the same way about her too because that's all some of us have ever wanted to hear.

I love the Bachelor, and I know a lot of people see it as a low-grade kind of show, but I can't help but love it for all the reasons I've just explained. I can't wait for this season to start and to go through this journey again with new Bachelor, Nick Viall.