Why I Love Jesus And Am In Love With A Girl

So many Catholics are up in arms against homosexuals, but they're overlooking one important thing. The exact words that came from Jesus. You can disagree, but don't hate for it. Don't be cruel because of your beliefs. Or else, what is really separating you from a religious extremist? You're using your religion as motive for hate.

15

Just about 13 years of Catholic school if you count Kindergarten...13 years of cursive writing, uniforms, prayers in the morning, and school Masses. For most, the Catholic faith comes from family. You were raised and taught to believe what you do, and in some cases, you personally find that faith. It might finally make sense and you found that on your own.

Catholic school tended to be a very sheltered place - a large group of people share the same faith and for the most part, the same ideals. Growing up, you were probably taught that marriage is strictly made for a man and woman. Because that's the Church's law. Marriage was instituted for procreation. A man and woman can have a child.

So you grow up learning about this and having it somewhat engrained in your mind. So if you're attracted to someone of the opposite sex, it makes things a little more difficult. Not only are you going against what you've grown up learning, but you're going against your faith. But this is where I ask the question - what constitutes your faith?

It would be helpful for you to have faith when you go to Church, but you don't necessarily need the Church to have faith in Jesus.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, creator of Heaven and Earth.
That does not change with your sexuality.
I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; he descended to hell.
The Third day he rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty. From there he will come to judge the living and dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit

The Holy Catholic Church... with that, that's the only one where you might struggle

I believe in the communion of saints.
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

Out of all of that, one thing might be an issue - but the whole first section of that prayer tells you exactly what your faith means. That is the CRUCIAL part of the prayer. That is the one part that people should worry about.

And if you're a Catholic or a Christian and you are still anti-gay or you're just being a jerk...the Bible. Because there might be a few verses that are a little more important than just the ones you use to attack people who are attracted to the same sex.

For example.

1. "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

Mark 12:30-31

If you were to dismiss this, a commandment given to you by the Son of God...because you believe something is more important - you're dismissing one sentence that Jesus had said. "There is no commandment greater than these."

Think about that.