Why Love Is Love

Why Love Is Love

Love is love no matter who the love is towards or who is feeling it.

1123
Why Love Is Love
Nouba

The brilliant Lin Manuel Miranda once said that "Love is love is love is love is love.” I can’t help but agree.

Today, we live in a world where Obama and activists made it possible for those who aren’t the conventional “heterosexual” relationship to get married, made laws where cohabiting couples could have the rights of married ones, as well as protection for those who are transgender or non-binary. However, our current president is trying to change most of this.

We are living in a presidency where no one is safe, but the idea of love is love is spreading across the nation. Here in liberal California, people are marching because love is love.

Love is love means whether you are heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, aromantic, male, female, transgender, non-binary, etc., love is love no matter who the love is towards or who is feeling it.

As humans, we strive for love. 73% of college students in a psychology study said that they would give up a career or certain dreams to find the right person to fall in love with. We want love and once we have it, we try and realize how precious it is.

But, how can someone diss, judge, and hate someone else’s love because it doesn’t look how they want it too?

I read a comment from a blogger I followed and she said that “gender neutralism” and “gender free” is a blatant middle finger to God and the design of humanity. Feelings cannot create a third option of clear reality.” Her comment hit me hard because she preaches that everyone is welcome in her community as well as God’s kingdom. She is aggressively dissing those who have a right to express who they are and love the way they love. Love is love can mean loving themselves as well, and she is taking this away from them.

God is love, he created love, and he showed us the ultimate act of love by sending his son Jesus. God is the ultimate advocate for love is love.

We have this beautiful gift to be free and love whoever we want, but unfortunately we live among people who can’t seem to understand that or use God as a way to be aggressive towards those who don’t love the way they believe they should.

Lin Miranda had it right in saying that "love is love is love is love is love.”

For those who have had hateful speech said to them because of who they love or how they love, I’m sorry because it’s not right. For those who are the hateful speech aggressors, you need to check yourself and how you love.

The last thing I want to leave you with is that, love is love and just because someone doesn’t love the way you do, doesn’t mean it’s wrong.