Why Should I Listen To Yellow Claw?

Why Should I Listen To Yellow Claw?

I Mean, My Question Is: WHY WOULDN'T YOU?

147
Why Should I Listen To Yellow Claw?
Shaky Beats Music Fest

Yellow Claw changed my life. Yes, that is a loaded statement. I could mean that in many ways, but honestly I mean it in every way possible. Yellow Claw introduced me to dance music. They instilled in me a love for trap that I can’t even describe.

Yellow Claw don't create your typical trap music. Their perfectly named “Amsterdam Trap” is a glorious mixture of hardstyle, trap, dubstep, and basically anything they want to incorporate in order to create something completely unique.

Their music doesn’t involve too many profound lyrics, as most dance music doesn’t, but it’s the lack of lyrics that makes the music so incredible. Sometimes, you don’t really want to hear lyrics. They hold so much weight, and can carry so much meaning. Lyrics can be their own entity; I mean, without the music they’re poems.

What Yellow Claw do, along with other dance music DJs, is fill the space created by the lack of lyrics with the perfect beat to make you feel things you didn’t know you could feel.

During finals week in school, what do you listen to when you study? Some listen to classical music, because it’s somewhat relaxing and doesn’t have the mental weight of lyrics that can cloud your brain. Some students can sift through lyrics and just listen to their favorite songs from the top 20 while they study.

I for one listen to Yellow Claw, every semester. I’ve done this since freshman year, and I have a feeling that I’ll be doing it until I graduate.

They got me through finals with a great attitude when I felt like I was going to most certainly crumble. Yellow Claw’s music helped me push through mono, through a break up, and through most certain class failure and helped me maintain a can-do attitude. Their gorgeous piece “Slow Down” just did something to me and I felt like I could do anything.

And to top it all off, they will SERIOUSLY throw down at a festival. I had the pleasure of seeing them live at EDC Orlando this year and Oh. My. God.

They were amazing. The instant I heard them come on stage I was completely taken away from reality. The energy they brought to the field was impeccable, and it transformed the field into a flurry of dancing ravers. It made me fall even more in love with their music, as well as the wonderful people that enjoy it as much as I do.

So I guess what I’m trying to say is, thank you Yellow Claw. Thank you for being you, and creating your own genre within the dance music realm that resonates with so many people. From the intense drops, to the catchy beats, and the crazy shows you put on, stay golden.

Your indebted fan,

Megan B