Top 5 Reasons To Join Odyssey

Top 5 Reasons To Join Odyssey

27
Top 5 Reasons To Join Odyssey
The Odyssey

Are you looking to join a publication this semester? Consider becoming a writer for Odyssey, a social content platform that crowdsources ideas from millennial thought leaders in their local communities. At over 250 campuses nationwide, Odyssey came to UPenn last July. So why should you join the staff?

1. Reach millions of readers online.

Nationally, Odyssey drives 20 million pageviews a month. Have your work reach a wide audience!

2. Gain access to professional connections.

Have you ever wanted a press pass to a music festival or wanted to interview your favorite musical artist? Odyssey has national connections and as a national accredited publication, allows for writers to pursue such opportunities. In fact, I have been able to interview Mark Cuban, billionaire entrepreneur and Shark Tank investor, as well as Aaron Korsh, a Penn/Wharton alum and the creator of the TV show Suits.

3. Editorial freedom.

As long as you turn in your articles on time weekly, writers are given freedom to write about whichever topics most interest them. Want to write a weekly column on politics? Go ahead. Have a TV show you want to review every week? That works, too.

4. Opportunities to earn cash!

Odyssey is committed to making sure young writers get compensated for their work. There are various opportunities to make money as a staff member, from writing to participating in research panels and joining marketing teams.

5. Gain leadership experience.

Want to get involved besides just being a writer? Apply for leadership positions such as the Social Media Director and gain experience leading the team.

Apply today here under “Student Positions.” Make sure you select “UPenn” under the “School” drop-down menu!