3 Reasons Why It's Worth The Wait

3 Reasons Why It's Worth The Wait

Gaining relationship clarity.

21
3 Reasons Why It's Worth The Wait
Facebook

To the guy I thought I would never be able to call mine. I have dreamed of my wedding day for as long as I can remember. However, the vision of that wedding day dramatically changed when it all made sense.

For years I sold myself short, doubted the power of falling in love and kept everything else somewhat afloat to distract from the love element of my life. Many experiences in junior high and high school made me significantly question the ability to find the one and fall in love. The fear of divorce also played into the negative thoughts. I knew I had a whole lot of life to live, yet I was doubtful and it didn’t help that by habit I am a rather nervous person.

I was young, naive and very unaware of the greatness that was to come.

I didn’t think I was lucky enough for a love like this. I am not really even sure why I continued to doubt myself about the potential for me to fall in love. I know now that it was sure all worth it. The realization came rather quickly, and to this I say never doubt your own love potential. Mine happened when I least expected it and it made it that much better. As cliché as this all sounds, it’s true.

Learning through loving.

Honesty - a word that once made me nervous, now is a learning experience. I never realized how important honesty is in a relationship and how much I appreciate it. It brings a sense of comfort and clarity to a relationship. Having open communication and feeling supported enough to express honest feelings is a characteristic I truly cherish for the first time in my life.

Opinions of loved ones affect us each day, whether or not we think so. In the past, opinions of others got the best of me and my “healthy” relationships. Funny thing is, all of those opinions were true and, for my own benefit, ended when they did. Family and friends’ opinions make all the difference and I can tell you from experience it’s a whole heck of a lot easier when the opinions are positive and encouraging ones.

Motivating each other to our full potential, both professionally and personally, is another amazing quality I have been lucky enough to experience. We support one another in professional career goals and realize that sometimes work has to come before spending time together but we pray the hard work is worth it in the end.

In closing I am extremely thankful for the relationship I have been blessed with. Now, the wedding day vision is more clear than it’s ever been. I hope you, the reader, never pass up an opportunity that could make dreams come true.