Why It's OK To Move On

Why It's OK To Move On

Make like Elsa and Let It Go.

878
youtube.com

I think that one of the most common misconceptions is that moving on has to be a bad thing. Moving on isn't necessarily negative, and sometimes letting things go is exactly what we need in life. You don't just have to let go of people -- let go of grudges or ill-feelings toward someone. Let go when you're in the middle of a toxic argument with someone and it's not going anywhere. Letting go is not giving up. Letting go is not losing. Moving on can set you free.

They say that moving on can be one of the most satisfying feelings... almost as if a weight has been lifted from your shoulders. When you wake up one day and realize that you no longer think about that certain person you used to think about constantly, you feel a sudden pang of satisfaction. When the air is finally cleared, and an argument is finally settled, what is better than finally moving on? When a loved one passes away, once the mourning period is over, it is so important to move on and accept the loss. To accept a loss and move on is not a bad thing.

Certain things cannot be changed no matter how badly we want them to. To hold on to something that will never present the outcome we are hoping for is a burden. Why do we so often insist on holding ourselves back and weighing ourselves down? Letting go and moving on is the best thing we can do for ourselves at almost any time. By holding onto the past, you're restricting yourself from moving forward. We're supposed to learn from our experiences, and then move on. Applying knowledge from previous encounters is important, but that doesn't mean we should harp on the past either.

The worst question we can ask ourselves is the dreaded "What If?" What if we never broke up? What if I never started that argument? To ask yourself questions like these is a waste of time because, essentially, everything happens for a reason!! The best things to hold onto in life are the positive things. Hold onto the good memories, your values, your family, and the dog leash! To quote John Lennon: "Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end." This means that by letting something go, you are prohibiting yourself from moving forward and achieving happiness!