Why It's Okay To Be "Too Busy"

Why It's Okay To Be "Too Busy"

I'm getting the most out of my college experience.

16
Why It's Okay To Be "Too Busy"
TT Learning

I'm sure you've read hundreds of articles about girls complaining about how they have no time to do everything they want in college. Well, here's another.

I love my school. The fact that these are my last four years before being pushed into adulthood makes me strive to make myself a better and more well-rounded woman. That being said, I take advantage of every opportunity my school presents to me. I'm trying to make my resume look beautiful.

It's a nonissue for me. I love being involved on my campus. The involvement fair is easily one of my favorite events to attend on campus. Looking at all of the opportunities to broaden my horizons and meet new people is exhilarating. So, naturally, I sign my name and email to all of my prospective clubs.

With all of the executive board positions I could apply for and all of the events I could help organize, I just can't stop myself from signing up for new clubs.

My issue is that I never put into account how many extracurricular activities I'm already in. I never think about all the school work I have to do on top of my involvement. How in the world am I going to make time for all these new clubs?

But, I keep doing what I'm doing and somehow I manage to do my homework between my club meetings and classes. I wish I had more time to just sit on the couch and watch Netflix, but I have so much on my plate that I simply can't. Maybe in my hour-long breaks between classes I can squeeze in an episode of "Law and Order: SVU," but for the most part, I find myself running for one point of campus to the next.

I wouldn't change my busy schedule for the world. Honestly, it makes me feel more important and popular than I actually am. Also, running around and doing all of that work helps me forget about being homesick, or anything to that extent. So really my busy schedule that I spend my time complaining about is a blessing in disguise.

I'm addicted to selling my soul to my college and that's okay because all of the activities I'm involved in are helping me grow. I get to learn from my peers about being a leader and a teammate. Everything I learn from the clubs I am in will help me with my social skills and all of my academic courses help my education. After college, I will be the well-rounded girl that I have always wanted to be and if that is the case, hopefully, I will land my dream job.

Whatever happens, I know that I got the most out of my college. My busy schedule is proof of that. I don't just spend my time in the classroom and that means all the money I am paying for my college tuition is going to good use. So, no, I will not stop signing up for new clubs and I'll see you next year at our next involvement fair!