Why It's Important To Find Your Muse

Why It's Important To Find Your Muse

Find your muse and who you are, it is the best thing you can do in your life.
47

Muse- (noun) a person or personified force who is the source of inspiration for a creative artist

When people hear the word "muse", they automatically think of a deranged artist obsessed with their work or someone painting a canvas, sculpting, creating their heart's innermost desires. But who's to say we aren't the same? Who's to say that, we too, aren't artists? Life is our canvas; our words, actions, and decisions are our paintbrushes, but the real mystery is: what's our muse? What is it that inspires us to create our own masterpieces?

More often than not, we as a human race find ourselves stressing and fretting uselessly over what our future may hold and where we are going in life. Often times we think or dwell on the past. We live each day without a true purpose, thinking that we just need to make it to the next day or to the next paycheck all the while never really living.

We wonder where our purpose has gone as we stare aimlessly into the abyss we call everyday life. We tread like zombies through the towns that we know no history about. We walk in a massive cosmos, oblivious to the wonderment of it all. We just exist. We've seemed to have lost the one thing that inspires us or have yet to find it. People often think that you must be an artist to create or to find a creative afflatus, but what we don't realize is that the world is our creation. What we do with it or in it is our decision to make once we find our way. It's just a matter of discovering it.

This is where we begin to find our purpose, our muse.

Your muse doesn't have to be related to art (although it can be). Your muse can be a lover, dance, music, religion, a connection to animals, love, or even yourself. You can choose to be your own muse. You can choose to find the one thing that inspires you to actually live and to find yourself in your journey of life. We spend too much time of our existence wasting time over things that may not matter in the end. We lose our spark along the way or give up and never see the light of success that could easily be ours. We forget to realize that we don't have an eternity. Time is ticking, and the hand on the clock only turns one way.

No one knows how long we have on this earth so why not find the very thing that drives you to the edge of living to become who you want to be. Whether it's dancing in the rain during vivacious thunderstorms, giving a helping hand to those in need, sitting on your knees with your head bowed in front of an altar, traveling the world, or giving wholehearted love to your family; don't be afraid to find your true self.

When you find your muse. Paint a new picture in your life and paint it for yourself and for the world to see. Your muse may not have always been with you, but that's the joy in finding it. You may not be the next Picasso, but at least you can say you have found your purpose in life. I think the key to finding yourself is to find your muse so you can be inspired to discover the path you were meant to walk on. So live life for yourself and no one else.

Find your muse.