Why Is Even 18 Still Considered An Adult...?

From 18-20 we have lost our rights.

62

18. The age where you can legally sign up for the military and trial, officially, as an adult in the eyes of the law.

We can get arrested and die for this country. Yet...why should we? They are taking our rights away.

The drinking age has long been dreadfully 21. An age where getting blackout drunk on your birthday is an American rite of passage.

Some shelters have the age of adoption at the ripe age of 21. You can die in the army at 18 but God forbid you to adopt a cat or dog at 19. A fact that is outrageous in my opinion.

Recently, about the only hallmark of turning 18, with the exception of body modifications, was buying tobacco and vape products.

A right that has now been taken away.

A right that's not only been taken away. but there is no grandfather clause. Shockingly enough. I think that is beyond wrong because you have 18+-year-olds addicted to tobacco practically being forced to quit cold turkey. Addiction is very rarely successfully quit like that. It's definitely not the recommended way to quit.

Now, I don't smoke or vape, but this is a violation of our rights. How can the state say we are adults when we have so many limitations?

If 18 is truly the age of adulthood, why so many restrictions? 18 feels less like an adult and more like a glorified teenager. We still can't drink, we can't adopt animals in some shelters, and now we can't smoke.

We're stuck in the age of sneaking around and paying extra just for a taste of freedom.

Freedom that shouldn't come with an extra price tag.