Why Music Is Important

Why is Music Important?

4 Reasons to Celebrate Music

79267
Why is Music Important?
GPMDP

According to Webster's New World dictionary, music is "the art of combining tones to form expressive composition; any rhythmic sequence of pleasing sounds." However, music is so much more than that definition; music is in everything around us. Music can be found everywhere in our world. It helps people find themselves, and helps them through hard times that we all face in our lives. Music gives us a way to express ourselves and show how we feel inside ourselves that we don't usually let people see. Music is important in our world, as well as in our lives, and here are some reasons why.

1. A Way of Expression

Music gives people a way to express who they are inside through many different forms. Whether it be being a musician (singer, rapper, instrumentalist), being in a band with other people, teaching music to other people, or anything that you can think of, you can be exactly who you are or who you want to be through music. Many people today hide who they are on the inside to try to fit in with everyone else because some people are afraid of being rejected by those around them. They hide in the crowd until they are alone and can be who they truly are without fear. Music is important because it gives people a way to express themselves and be who they are on the inside.

2. A Way of Communicating How We Feel

Music also helps people communicate how they feel inside when they just can't find the words to say it. Sometimes, in our lives, it is difficult to say how we feel to other people, but with music we find the words that are missing and the messages that we are trying to tell people. We all can find the words that we are looking for by either writing songs or just listening to different songs on the radio or anywhere we are. I know when I have trouble finding the words that I want to say to people, I write songs to express how I feel about them or different things in life. Music is important because music helps us find the words we can't say.

3. Music Brings People Together

Music can bring people in our world together in many ways. Whether it be through the same taste in music, or the willingness to try something new, or even performing music with others. Many people like the same genres or styles of music that are out in the world right now. Being a part of a choir, band, or any kind of group is another thing that uses music to bring people closer to one another as well. Music is important because it brings people together in the world.

4. Music is in Everything

Music is everywhere in our world and music relates to everything as well. Music is in all of our histories starting from the beginning. It is also in science and mathematics in many ways, as well as in everything else. Without music we would not have anything, life would be boring and dull. Music is important because it is everywhere around us in the world.