Why I'm Voting to Make America Great Again

Through the craze of political propaganda, this is my take and my reasoning on where I will stand upon the November 2016 Presidential Election

7
The Economist

I have been a supporter of Bernie Sanders from the very beginning. I can remember voicing my support for the relatively unknown Vermont Senator in September of last year, explaining to my peers that he was a real person and a choice contender against Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic Nomination. As a result, it came as no surprise that my heart cried out upon Bernie not winning the primaries, upon the leaked DNC emails, and even during the national convention when Clinton became the official nominee. I was, without a doubt, heartbroken.

A man who truly understood the ailments of our country, someone who had suffered and refused to enable continued suffering of future generations, was stepped on by both his opposition and his own party. That was the end of it. The damage had been done.

I knew a third party vote would be out of the question. It would either be Clinton or Trump, and I refused to let my voice be stolen by the two-party monopoly system in our country. Anyone who had ever taken a Civics class knew that much.

And after a long period of self-reflection, I have decided where to place my vote in November. I have decided to Make America Great Again.

I am one of the first waves of millennials able to vote, and I have many fears-- for not only the presidential election, but for the survival of our country. My generation must participate in the creation of the future that we shape every day of our lives.

I will be over one hundred thousand dollars in college debt by the time I am twenty-five years old. I will not be able to afford a house. I will not be able to afford the proper amount of coverage for health insurance. I will not find a job within six months of graduation, and I will most likely end up on some sort of government-funded aid if I want to be able to eat breakfast tomorrow morning.

That is my future. That is the future that we have built.

However, with all of that said, I will still be richer and more fortunate than half of the country’s population. I will not fear that, at any moment, I could be deported. I will not be denied a job because of my skin. I will not fear for my life when I am pulled over for a minor traffic offense, and I will be able to practice my religion openly and without guilt.

I will never experience those things.

That is the future of someone who is not white, not a Christian, and not born in this country. That is the future we have built.

Looking back on the history of America, the only time that we have ever had any chance of calling ourselves “great” was when that future did not exist. I am voting to Make America Great Again, because that future must be destroyed.

Because, yes offense, America was never great. She is a tyrant that has been built upon the backs of innocent children and families. Her pedestal was crafted from the marrow and blood of slaves, of the poor, of the oppressed.

The United States of America has become its own worst enemy.

It creates special interest wars, monopolizes industries, and spends the entirety of its wealth on a defense system that will never succeed- because you cannot defend against yourself. How can you stop the evil of poverty and racism and crime and sickness when you are the one inflicting it on your people?

I will not be over one hundred thousand dollars in college debt by the time I am twenty-five years old. I will be able to afford a house. I will be able to afford the proper amount of coverage for health insurance, and to feel secure that my treatment will allow me to live another day. I will find a job within six months of graduation, and I will most likely not end up on some sort of government-funded aid because I will have a stable income in which I do not have to worry about when my electricity will be shut off or when I will be evicted. However, I will know that if my income were to disappear, I could rely on my country, my government, to help me and support me should the need arise.

That is my future. That is the future that we must build.

I will not fear that, at any moment, I could be deported- because green cards and citizenship will be easily accessible to those seeking refuge and a home. I will not be denied a job because of my skin. I will not fear for my life when I am pulled over for a minor traffic offense, because the police system ensures the safety of all citizens and will not tolerate aggressive killings and brutality. I will be able to practice my religion openly and without guilt.

I will never experience those things. No one will experience those things.

That is the future of every of every individual in our country. That is the future we must build.

And that future cannot be built by perpetuating the hate, discrimination, and feudalistic mindset that got us here in the first place.

I am voting to Make America Great Again, because I Stand with Her.