Why I'm Thankful I Don't Have A Crazy Roommate

A lil free-write about Carly.

14
Nicole Servin

Today was a good day.

I came home from a long Thanksgiving weekend and my roommate Carly and I busted out the Christmas lights and started to decorate.

Ever since I met Carly, I was thankful to have her as a roommate, but after this last weekend, I've become even more thankful.

I watched a movie on Friday called "Single White Female." It was terrifying because it is about an absolutely insane roommate. That's all I have to say. If you're curious, watch it, but fair warning, it is a horror movie.

Anyway, after watching the movie, and hearing awful stories from my friends and others about their crazy roommates, I became so incredibly happy to have a roommate that wasn't out of their mind. I became so incredibly happy to have Carly.

I have a roommate to go to coffee with.

I have a roommate to do homework and study with.

I have a roommate to stay up late and watch movies with.

I have a roommate to eat snacks with.

I have a roommate to talk with.

I have a roommate to vent with.

I have a roommate to laugh with.

I have a roommate to sing with.

I have a roommate to string Christmas lights in our dorm with.

I have a roommate who is more than a roommate,

I have a friend.

My heart is so happy about that.

And our room is so decked out for the holidays because of it.