During my senior year of high school, I almost refused to apply to the University of Maine because I wanted to leave like my other friends. Now that I am a senior in college, I am very proud to be a Black Bear and to go to school in-state.
1. We dominate in hockey (UNH SUCKS!)
2. Our campus is gorgeous in the fall
3. In the winter you can see everybody on campus wearing bean boots
4. The Hearty-Maine Hello
5. The amazing organizations on campus
6. The fact that Orono is such a college town
7. Let's be honest.... we know how to party!
8. The New Balance Recreation Center is one of the best in the country, receiving a silver certification in LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design).
9. The University of Maine is recognized for it's commitment to sustainability
10. There's nobody in the world like a Main-ah!
11. Orono has awesome local breweries and restaurants
12. Thanks to Spencer Wood, we have Tip Whip (a better ride-sharing service than Uber and Lyft!)
13. Maine Day
*Video by Marina Gray