Some people may say I’m basic, others may not; This buzzfeed quiz even told me that I’m only about 25% basic. Urban Dictionary defines “white girl” as “A creature who often posts pictures of Starbucks on Instagram, Tumblr or Facebook. Often wears leggings and Ugg Boots and posts about how Nutella is very good when everybody knows it is. You will always see a White Girl with her Ugg boots on, leggings on, and iPhone at Starbucks.”Honestly, I find this description slightly offensive but also sadly accurate. However, I’m not ashamed to say that I fit this stereotype pretty well, and here’s why:
1. Ugg boots are warm and comfortable. Anyone who says differently is lying. I don’t even care that they’re “Ugg-ly.”
2. Leggings are also super comfy. I may be wearing some right now.
3. Yoga pants as well. Plus they make my butt look good.
4.Scarves aren’t just pretty, they’re also warm.
5. Flannels. Plaid is ugly, but put it on a flannel and white girls will flock.
6. And Lululemon leggings. I have yet to rip them like I have with every other pair of leggings I’ve owned.
7. Sweaters give me life. Ask anyone who’s ever looked in my closet. I own more than the average basic white girl, and I wear every single one of them too.
8. Starbucks is delicious. I thoroughly enjoy my grande soy green tea latte with no sweetener. Even though they continue to spell my name wrong when it’s written on my Gold Card.
9. Fall is pretty. Plus it marks the end of me sweating every minute of the day.
10. Grey’s Anatomy may not be an accurate show, but I love it. Sorry not sorry.
11. Songs that tell you the dance moves are fun. Plus I can’t dance any other way because, as stated before, I’m a white girl. My body doesn’t move like that. Put me in a room with a random song playing and you’ll laugh at me, but turn on the ChaCha slide and I’ll own that shit.
12. Mean Girls is so fetch. I wore my pink jumper every Wednesday in high school, and I have absolutely no shame about it
13. What’s wrong with getting craft ideas from Pinterest? I may not use it constantly, but I love Pinteresting.
14. Scream-singing in the car with my friends is a regular event. Anyone who says they don’t enjoy it obviously hasn't done it or hates joy.
15. I make my friends come with me to the bathroom because I enjoy their company. And I have severe FOMO.
You can call me basic all you want; I'll just go enjoy my Starbucks and Instagram without you. Watch me walk away in my leggings, scarf, and sweater.