Why I'm Addicted To Rocket League

Rocket League is an arcade based game of flying cars playing soccer. I have been playing this game since it was free on PlayStation Plus. Ever since then, I have continued to play it and the game has continued to grow and added modes to keep it fun.

1) Competitive

An aspect of the game that keeps me entertained is competitive. Rocket League has 4 competitive modes, duels, doubles, standard and solo standard. Duels are 1v1 and doubles are 2v2. Standard is 3v3 but players can be partied with friends while solo standard doesn't allow any partied or teamed players. My favorite game mode is solo standard, which is an unpopular opinion. The sole standard is notorious within the community as being a mode that frustrates others. As you play competitively you either go up ranks or go down. The current ranks from bottom to top are Bronze I-III, Silver I-III, Gold I-III, Platinum I-III, Diamond I-III, Champ I-III and finally Grand Champion. Each competitive season lasts 3-4 months, So far, there have been 7 seasons and season 8 will commence soon. At the end of each season, players receive rewards for the highest rank they achieved and the reward ranks that are below their highest rank. An example, if my highest rank that I achieved in a season is diamond then, I would receive diamond rewards, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum rewards.

2) Increasing Skill Change

One that thing about Rocket League that I love is the increasing skill gap between players. As the game got older, people started to get better as new mechanics was discovered and used by players into their game style. This makes it fun because you have to adapt to the new play style that is used. If you cannot adapt then you're rank will decrease as you'll be left in the dust.

3) New modes

Rocket League has added new modes in the past like Rumble, Hoops, Hockey and Dropshot. With these modes, it keeps the players interested in the game. These modes usually, have a lot of people playing in them for the first few months it comes out before there is a significant drop in players. However, tournaments were recently added to the game and it enables players to create their own tournaments. This led to various players creating and setting up their own tournaments with their own rules. This leads to a different variety that players can choose.

4) Workshops

Workshops are something that only PC players can use as it is connected to Steam workshops. This allows players to create maps or courses that others can download to either improve their skills or play with others. It's good because it allows players to add and display their creativity.

Ever since it's release Rocket League, has become an addicting game, winning awards and being fun. It can be addicting and these are the reasons why if find it fun. Maybe it's something that you also, will enjoy.