Why I Started Loving Taylor Swift

Why I Started Loving Taylor Swift

42
Why I Started Loving Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift’s ability to look like your older sister who just graduated from Columbia, a 2nd grade teacher, a politician’s trophy wife, and your man’s side b****, all at the same time, will be nothing if not inspiring to me.” http://sassassian.tumblr.com

This gif is from a BuzzFeed article titled, "24 Essential Taylor Swift Gifs For Every Occasion," by Kristen Harris. Check out, these gifs are so on point.

Ever wondered why people around the world are so obsessed with Taylor Swift? Let me tell you why I am now a #Swiftie.

First, her success from the start is ridiculously admirable. The music video for Taylor’s first major single, “Tim McGraw,” spent a record-breaking 30 consecutive weeks on the Great American Country network’s weekly Top Twenty countdown. She has been breaking records since the age of 18! And this is just the beginning of her success. In 2009, “Fearless,” her second album, was released in an expanded edition and eight of the songs on this album reached the Billboard Hot 100 list in the same week. According to a Taylor Swift's biography in the Rolling Stone, Taylor also received four Country Music Awards and four American Music Awards in the same year.

At the Country Music Awards in 2009. Dang.

A seven-time GRAMMY winner, and the youngest recipient in history of the music industry’s highest honor, the GRAMMY Award for Album of the Year. She is the only artist in history to have an album hit the 1 million first-week sales figure three times (2010’s SpeakNow, 2012’s RED and 2014’s 1989). taylorswift.com

At the GRAMMY Awards in 2010, when she won her first award for Album of the Year.

At the 2015 GRAMMY Awards. She didn't go home with any awards, but still looked so fabulous!!

Looking at her success today, you would think she would be one of those artists who only care about the money and fame, forgetting about the people that brought her to the top -- the fans. But to win this prestigious award seven times indicates that she is as dedicated to her Swifties as they are to her.

Not only does Taylor inspire her fans, but she is also inspired by them. These girls and boys put so much effort into supporting Taylor from making signs, creating concert outfits and attending multiple shows to promoting her work on social media accounts and sending her handmade gifts.

Recently, I scrolled through her tumblr page (http://taylorswift.tumblr.com) and noticed that she responds to her fans' posts more often than I thought. People are sharing personal stories, silly videos and pictures, even giving her some sass, and her responses to them are just, well I’ll let you decide.

The fact that the arena in Raleigh took the time to design this wall of photos is incredible. Mutual dedication sure shows through, here.

I will watch people leave the shows and I’ll look at their signs,” she said. “I’ll look at the shirts that they made or I’ll look at—some people cover themselves with Christmas lights just so that we can see them from the stage. Those little things are the things that flash through my mind when my name gets called. I don’t really think about it being for me, ‘cause they’re the ones who did it.
The Great American Country TV Blog

Can we appreciate the fact that Taylor might be (is) a crazy cat lady? While some celebrities are drinking, doing drugs, partying, or stumbling out of a club, Taylor is keeping it classy. Did you know she named one of her cats after Olivia Benson, a character on the show Law and Order: SVU?

Here they are meeting for the first time!

My favorite aspect of Taylor Swift today is that she is not afraid to be herself or express what she believes in. The Bad Blood music video with bada** female leads is simply the definition of goals.

This gif is from Brenna Ehrlich's article, "The 16 Most Badass Moments From Taylor Swift's EPIC 'Bad Blood'"

Speaking of expressing herself -- most recently, she called out Apple about their newest music-streaming program. Apple was not going to pay artists for the three month free trial of the new Apple Music streaming program. But Taylor quickly shut that down.

She makes a valid point and you can see her post about it here: http://taylorswift.tumblr.com/post/122071902085/to-apple-love-taylor

In my opinion, anyone who is willing to throw some shade at Apple is pretty brave.

Finally, on top of being incredibly talented, successful, genuine, and outspoken, she has great fashion sense. Taylor has been rocking it the past year!

Seriously, if you're ever looking to donate some of your outfits I'll gladly accept, Taylor.

These outfits were considered casual, according to Google. Apparently causal has become a synonym for flawless.

Overall, if I were to summarize the Taylor Swift of 2015:

People are naturally drawn to those who know who they are and cannot be shaken." Mandy Hale.

Taylor knows she is fabulous and she also knows when she is wrong. She's not afraid to call people out, and she is so willing to meet up with her Swifties and pour her love out to them. Taylor is killing it in the fashion game while keeping it classy, which I consider my goals in terms of how I dress. These are the reasons why I am loving Taylor Swift! Perhaps now you can love her, too? Let me know what you think!