3 Reasons Why 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' Is The Best Christmas Movie

This classic is always enjoyed by people all over around Christmas time.

2379

"The Grinch" is the best Christmas movie in more than three ways, these are just the most obvious reasons.

We all have an "inner Grinch."

I'm not saying that we all like to eat onions like they are apples or we all are green and furry, but we definitely can all relate to why the Grinch is so sassy sometimes. He was humiliated in front of his cute little crush, Martha Mae, after slaving to make her a super cute Christmas gift. In reality, sometimes all we think we need is our dog in a cave away from civilization. I can totally understand why the Grinch doesn't like the people of Whoville and Christmas very much.

The story has been around LONG before Jim Carey's version.

The original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" was written by Dr. Seuss and published on October 12, 1957. The original cartoon movie came out on December 18, 1966. We have all grown to love the movie for what it was because it simply was so cute. Why would a fuzzy, green creature pretend to be Santa and take toys, only to do a complete 180 and learn to love and be compassionate? It is a Christmas story like no other and it brings joy to everyone who watches it. The 2002 version just completes the entire "I love the Grinch" movie. There is no other person that could've portrayed the Grinch better than him. It's a timeless movie that is so fun around Christmas.

There is meaning behind the humor.

Cindy Lou tries so hard throughout the 2002 version to get the Grinch into the Christmas spirit. He, obviously, wants nothing to do with it and pokes fun at what the citizens of Whoville's traditions. She eventually gets him to come around and he makes Christmas great for the rest of the Whos. The meaningful aspect comes into play because Cindy Lou is this young girl trying to help out one specific person because she wants Christmas to be good for everyone, even those that are feared by many. The Grinch's heart grew three times in size on Christmas day, and it's all thanks to Cindy Lou. This shows that regardless of what family you celebrate with or who you talk to on a regular basis, Christmas is a time of togetherness for everyone. No matter who you are.

The Grinch is personally one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time and I am so happy to be able to watch it via Netflix whenever I want. There is more to the story than the green guy who scares everyone in Whoville. He puts into perspective that Christmas is not about what, but WHO.